GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i bought my 13 plate gtr in march this year! they did the 12 months service the day i picked it up. at 8200miles.

its now on 9400miles and service light has just come on saying due for oil filter and oil change.:confused:

before i call west way wanted to see what you guys think. seems way to soon for oil change unless it wasn't changed on that 12 months service.

in the service book it doesn't say whats been done! so haven't a clue what that 12month service included

·
Registered
117 Posts
They probably didn't reset the service indicator. Give them a call to check,if so it's an easy reset to do yourself.
Or send me a pm with your chassis number and I will check the system for you.

John

·
Ooo Matron !
2,362 Posts
West Way emailed me after a few weeks and told me my MOT and service now due. The fact that I was 4 months from a service and 11 months from an MOT did not seem to bother them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help guys.

i can remember them saying it will need an oil change at the end of year. but thats still 5 months away! so now thinking maybe they didn't change the oil/filter when i bought the car. but in that case what would the 12month service consist of?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
12 mnth service includes an oil change. You're lucky mate, because I do more than 9k miles per year I've been put on the high mileage service schedule, which is 9k, 12, 18, 24, 27, 36k miles etc. Try making sense of that :) It varies from 9k to 3k between services!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts