GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've been looking at a real tidy 2010 Premium Edition with only 24K miles but a bit concerned about the Service History.

Everything has been fine from Feb 2010 through to Sept 2011 (14k miles) - but since then it's only had 2 services - one at 19K and one at 24K - mileage is OK between services but they haven't been carried out at the recommended 6 month intervals. Both were good services at NHPCs with engine and gearbox oil changes and all the usual filters etc.

Would you be concerned about the service intervals? My feeling is that its prob OK because of the mileage intervals and service details - maybe the biggest issue will be re-sale issues due to this?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

·
Registered
723 Posts
6 months service intervals - crazy!
I had my car from new and I quitted that after 3rd service...
Nonsense is to make service after the winter period, car sitting in the garage and 1.500 km done...(ca 900 miles...)
Don't worry, it just shows that owner had some brain in the head and didn't want to get ripped off by Nissan stealers...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply - as i say i dont feel too bad about the service mileages - maybe just a resale concern.

You think it would be more difficult to get a warranty provider to offer cover if the service intervals have been missed?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I recently bought a Dec 2009 GTR and it had been serviced @ 12 month intervals by Litchfield. Car had only done between 3-5k in the 12 month period, so the MY10 your looking at is well within the service limits. :)

Out of curiosity and not wishing to hijack the thread do owners of MY09 & 10 GTRs that run the 12 month service process stick to 6k miles or go with the MY11 service process of 9k miles? Im inclined to follow the latter but do an oil change every 4.5k myself???

Cheers

Louie

·
R35 Section manager
11,166 Posts
I would be happy to buy a car with that service history.

As above mate, its just a bonus if the 6 month service period has been kept too now if you are a low mileage a year driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts