GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. First post here.

I have a EDM R35 bought brand new from Germany in May. I had to drive through Germany for a couple of days in order to make the necessary mileage for the first inspection (there is no authorized service in Bulgaria).

My car now has about 7.800 km on the clock. My problem is, the 10k mark is closing fast and I need to travel to the nearest service point, which I think is in Budapest. However, I do have to make several journeys in my country before I could travel to Budapest. So I wanted to ask if you are aware, will I void my warranty if I arrive at the dealer with 10.500-11.000 km on the clock?

Another thing, gtrnissan.com lists a dealer in Greece, but the link is dead for several weeks now. I got their number through some Greek guys I know because I first wanted to do the first inspection there. But it turned out that the guy on the phone had no knowledge of any adjustments on the transmission, alligning or anything else. He only said that they would change my oil and filter at 2.000 km, which is totally opposite of what the German and English services have told me. So I guess this service point is not so authorized to handle the GT-R. It's located in Serres by the way. Does anybody has some info on this matter?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think you will be fine with slightly higher mileage - my first service was 1200 miles and I took it in with 1450.

250-500 miles is nothing in the scheme of things.

Kp

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help.

Another question, except the oil and filter change, what else is done on the 10k mark? I have an option of servicing in Bulgaria, they say they are not GT-R authorized for another month or so, but they are Nissan authorized and therefore they could do the servicing for me and also put a stamp on my maintenance book. However, they still don't have the special equipment for aligning the wheels and presumably they lack other stuff too. So I need to know if there's anything else to do on 10k or I should just change the oil and filter and wait for 20k. Thanks for any reply.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the many answers :)

Anyway, I did my service in Vienna. They charged me 732 EUR, including alligning the wheels (170 EUR) and adjusting the tire pressures with nitrogen (48 EUR!!!).

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Thanks for the many answers :)

Anyway, I did my service in Vienna. They charged me 732 EUR, including alligning the wheels (170 EUR) and adjusting the tire pressures with nitrogen (48 EUR!!!).
thanks for posting what you paid.

I'm still a fair way off 6,000 miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts