GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one for you..

Am i right in thinking some of the GT-Rs have a 9 month service schedule and if so what reg cars were these?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
6 monthly for all cars up to 2010, 12 monthly for 2011MY and 2012 afaik.

Never heard of 9 monthly servicing.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hi cereal - former Z owner? Are you thinking of moving across?

Protegimus

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi cereal - former Z owner? Are you thinking of moving across?

Protegimus
Yup currently own a Z which is for sale :) Im shopping for a GT-R as we speak, just got that same old dilemma that a lot of people have.. my price range allows me to buy either 09/59/10 and as nice as it would be to have a 10, the price jump from 09 - 10 can be as much as £8-10k.

I'm not bothered about the sat nav in the slightest but I definitely want the media unit with built in hard drive (Ipod connectivity would be nice but again not really an issue) so I believe (but please correct me if I am wrong) that even an 09 has the media player with hard drive (just has a lesser resolution screen) and all years have bluetooth hands free?

So really I'd be paying £8-10k extra for engine improvements which could quite likely be solved with a few trips to lichfields :clap:

I'm highly considering servicing it under the 12 month schedule once out of any warranty that might be left. It's not really a cost issue but more the principle of it so this might be another reason to buy at the 09 end as a non 12 month schedule is going to hurt resell value.

Decisions!

·
Vendor
1,667 Posts
So really I'd be paying £8-10k extra for engine improvements which could quite likely be solved with a few trips to lichfields :clap:
No engine improvements until 2011 so 8-10k between early 09 to late 2010 is nav, audio, few other little things and of course warranty and usually lower miles

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is an 09 and has the hard drive.

Just a shame you can not copy MP3 CD's to it :(

How do you get music onto it then? Also can it play movie files and does it show cover art etc. Lastly do you get bluetooth hands free with the 09 ?

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
It will copy normal audio CD's ok to the hard drive. It can play MP3 CD's ok though. No cover art or movies though (I think)

Mine does have Bluetooth, not set it up yet but I hope it works ok with the iPhone 4?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It will copy normal audio CD's ok to the hard drive. It can play MP3 CD's ok though. No cover art or movies though (I think)

Mine does have Bluetooth, not set it up yet but I hope it works ok with the iPhone 4?
Ah cool thanks, how long does it take to rip the cds and how does it get track names ? :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've not copied many to it yet as I usually play MP3 CD's...

One CD copied in about 10mins and another I tried was about 30mins.

As all my music is in iTunes I create an audio CD with the track names on so I guess it just copies the info from the CD. I believe the hard drive has Gracenote which is a database for track names etc, but obviously would be out of date for newer CD's unless you create them with the track info on like I do.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
The say nav model co trolls the iPod directly and has one of the fastest and best I get faces I've seen. Does do cover art. Also plays video files via the USB port.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No engine improvements until 2011 so 8-10k between early 09 to late 2010 is nav, audio, few other little things and of course warranty and usually lower miles
Really? I thought the march 10 onwards models had a slight engine upgrade?

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Cool beans thanks :)

Just noticed you are based in Poole. I live in Wimborne so probably seen your GT-R around a few times :wavey:
Hi used to work in Wimborne! There is a mint never modified GTR being pxed into Westover next week for an 11 plate...speak to Gerard there...car belongs to a friend and he never did any mod other than a y pipe...car is dark metallic grey

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi used to work in Wimborne! There is a mint never modified GTR being pxed into Westover next week for an 11 plate...speak to Gerard there...car belongs to a friend and he never did any mod other than a y pipe...car is dark metallic grey
Thanks shall give him a shout. Gerard is a top bloke, always been very helpful :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts