GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I know we have approached this before, But everyone is quick to say how wonderful the service they get from various Tuners and dealers, But I have heard various reports that this is not always the case. Could we not conduct some sort of forum that deals with these kind of problems so that members can look at and see for themselves what kind of service people have had.
I know I will probably be shot down in flames for this but its worth thinking about. any suggestions?.

PaulP.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Dangerous...

We’ve always been a little anxious about such a section of the board, basically due to the possibility of someone’s livelihood being wrecked by unjustly fair comments or malicious intent. It’s best to stay well away of publicly criticising people and their business.

I can however, wholeheartedly promote and recommend Abbey Motorsport.

Rupert

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Oooooh No

Dodgy subject best left alone.

All tuners/service centres at some stage upset someone and not for anything they may have done intentionally. After we are all human and therefore make mistakes. Some unscrupulous person/people could therefore bad mouth someone which would be totally unfair to that party. Has happened.

This kind off thing I believe is derogatory to the site and I am sure you can make your own assumptions of who's who from all the posts on here :) .

glen

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Likewise I can wholeheartedly promote Tuning Japanese, along with my car's previous owner I believe. :D

As T9KYO rightly says most people, you'll find, are very partisan when it comes to tuners. It's a very delicate subject. :eek:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Tuners

Oh yes, touchy subject and like those who posted before I will not say anything about it either, therefore dont know why I posting this up really.

Just in case though, GT Art can be recommended, not that I want to recommend them on the board though as that would be hipocritical.:p

:smokin:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Mmmmmm

Rupert.

I think the avatars look kinda cool one after the other. Shows a bit of continuity I think :D .

How is your 33. Saw it down Abbeys yesterday looking a mean muther just sitting their looking like its waiting to bite someone.

Can only be one place where such single Turbos(and Twins) are fitted with such exceptional 'all round' results. Being such a fussy bugger as I am only one place could accomodate me :smokin: .

Mind you dropped off me car yesterday and was surrounded by 4 other BB 34's :rolleyes: . Not to mention the hoards of 33's.

Right nuff said time for lunch.

glen

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Abbey in my books all day

local, experienced, COST effective, plus they do a blinding cup of chocolate as well. warm one up for the 5th will you tone? Have got a sense of humour as well!

Have used Rod Bell as well for basic service and checks and was also impressed. nice facilities, ex middlehurst, experienced, skylines all over the place, cost effective. Just a bloody long way from Reading and I get nose bleeds when I go past watford.

Slagging off tuners is not part of the board rules and is your word againts theirs and people who have had good service. Why bother bringing it up...just causes aggro. You could end up being liable or getting a slap in the chops.

Still stick to tuners that work on skylines and skylines only, is my outlook. Would you take your Ferrari to a porsche dealer?

Nick

·
Registered
961 Posts
nick w
how come you get nosebleeds going past watford?

·
Registered
961 Posts
ohh! lol

so nothing to do with ice!:)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fine, I shall keep my thoughts to myself then. I just think its hipocritical if we can say how wonderful a service we get, yet must not upset the apple cart if its not right.

PaulP.

Subject closed.

·
Registered
961 Posts
the way to improve a not quite right service is to tell them where
they go wrong if theyve got any sence they change there ways
and correct there misstakes!
:)

unlike dix**s

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Luke Emmott Motorsport

Well I recomend myself, I can fit a tripple plate clutch to your Skyline in just under a week, only have to take the box out 6 times, will give you verbal abuse every time I realise the box has to come out again, job will include minor body detailing when I realy lose it and take hammer to the car.
All in a very competative company I think:D

Luke

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Oh Yeah, I'll just walk in, tell them that they f****d-up my mates motor and they've not to do it to mine. ;)

Sorted ? I think not. :p

In todays overly PC society, it is an unfortunate circumstance where if you plan to bad press someone, then you really need to have your facts bang on, else they will have your arse. :mad:

FWIW Paul, I think it would be great to have a "Hall of Shame".

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Shaming

Questions about good/bad service are very difficult since so much hinges on expectations and whether they are reasonable or not.

Every Tuner has a bad day every now and again and every tuner has bad luck every now and again. To judge a tuner with 200 customers on the basis of 1 bad experience would also be foolhardy.

Name any tuner in the country and I can find someone who loves them and someone who hates them - thats just the way it is.

As for the site, these things are best kept off it, several sites have been closed by threats of legal action due to unfair commentary (eg MLR). Keep your reports to pm or in person, that way the site can never suffer.

If there are bad guys out there, everyone gets to find out eventually by word of mouth.

Guy

·
Registered
520 Posts
Re: Shaming

Guy said:
Name any tuner in the country and I can find someone who loves them and someone who hates them
Okay then: TDi

Find me someone who loves them. :eek: ;)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Try all of them? But keep it off the Forum:eek:

Peace:cool:

Henry ;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
I think if you stick to all the usual suspects then there won't be a need to shame anyone. Throw your keys to an unknown quantity then you may be asking for trouble.

Talat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts