GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon, I've not had my R33GTr long, and it only has 20 000 ish miles, but as I don't know the history I want to give it a service, belts , fluids , filters etc, what do I need to change and where can I get it all from?

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Spark plugs (Unless they are iridium and in good order)
Fuel Filter (Allways worth swapping)
Air Filter (or air filter cleaning kit)
Oil Filter (Get genuine I have the part number somewhere)
Sumpnut washer (Use the correct torque setting on this, works wonders)
Engine oil (and a flush if you feel the need though prolly not in this case)
Brake fluid (I use DOT 4 meself and change every 2 years)
PAS Fluid
Transmission fluid (I hear that shockproof stuff is great)
Coolant

Check your belts for cracks, Your allowed a few on the ribs but when I get a new car I usually change the lot. Including Timing belt.

I get my fluids, Fuel filter and sump washer from a motor factors, Oil filter from nissan.

This list will vary depending on what you want to do. If your doing the brakes its worth checking for seized pistons and pads. Also worth having the rear discs off and checking the handbrake (after I cleaned and greased mine it was great) and then adjust up the hand brake shoes (I think on these you do it till its stops then back off 3 clicks Correct me if im wrong)

Dont forget to look at all the rubber bits underneath too (Ball joint rubbers CV boots) i doubt it on that mileage but its worth a look as it may save cash later on.

Im sure I will think of more to keep you busy ;)

Oh yea... Clean out the lip around the rear wheel arches and treat with some rust proofing, best done before it starts.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Thats what the transmission fluid is for :) Your right though I should have mentioned looking at the levels or changing fluids there, I could do with scanning a copy of one of my service sheets for you chaps to look at, I will see what i can sort out tommorow.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorted, As I say, the mileage is low, but I don't know how long it's not been done for due to the lack of history these imports seem to have.

Cheers,

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts