GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken up the 3 year servicing package for around £3500? have you had a good experience with it so far?

·
Registered
816 Posts
My dealer told me basically I was stupid for not taking it. It'll save £300 over 3 years! yes mate but I can take my car wherever I want now so if another hpc is cheaper, it can go there instead.

Not stupid.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very good point!! haven't had my car delivered yet but on balance who have you found to be the cheapest so far?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Haven't paid for anything yet as you won't till you hit 6k or 6 months but I'll let you know when I do.

Just to make your wait easier they're fantastic to drive:thumbsup: I've been out on snake pass today but it was spoilt by cycles and city cars:mad: "Its 50 for a reason" it says on the signs, NOT 40!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one :D the wait is painful but should be with me by May!! what colour did you go for? Any pics? I've gone for DMG Black edition cheers

·
Registered
816 Posts

Can't use my uploader but these are my car from a friends account. My car was supposed to come 2nd qtr 2010 but I couldn't wait and got a canceled non sat nav :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was comparing the servicing costs between my HPC and Litchfield.

G1 service
Litchfield: £111 +VAT
HPC: £236 = VAT

G2 Service
Litchfield: £244 + VAT
HPC: £472 + VAT

The price difference is pretty big, nearly half in fact!!. Don't know if you get any extras with your HPC. Moreover litchfield states that they use genuine Nissan approved parts to maintain the vehicles warranty. I may think twice about going for the HPC £3500 over 3 year route........ £1750 is more realistic with no compromise to quality or warranty. Its also gives these smaller companies the business, which I think is a good thing.

Parmgtr, the wait is well worth it, in fact you might get it earlier. Thats what happened to me. I ordered Feb 2009 for Jul 2010 delivery and got it delivered Jun 2009. :squintdan

Like the Gunmetal GT-Rs, looks sweet Rich!!

Trav

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Pics-sorry for the slow response (working to save cash for the servicing!!) going for my first test drive today at Mill Hill, feel like a big kid!!!

My only concern with Litchfield is Nissan honoring the warranty and not looking for small typos to avoid warranty work, i'd much rather go to litchfield to save the money but if it goes bang ??? then what....

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nice Pics-sorry for the slow response (working to save cash for the servicing!!) going for my first test drive today at Mill Hill, feel like a big kid!!!

My only concern with Litchfield is Nissan honoring the warranty and not looking for small typos to avoid warranty work, i'd much rather go to litchfield to save the money but if it goes bang ??? then what....
One thing you can be sure of....Litchfield know how to look after the car better than a some of the HPC's! They've been looking after the imports for ages. My technical HPC expert is about the same age as my son! You are free to use non Nissan dealers as long as they use the right oils etc. I'd never pre pay for servicing, if your HPC goes bust will Nissan honour the contract?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
...and the fact that the last service of the 3 years is the most expensive by far, so you are effectively giving the dealer an interest free loan until then!

D

·
Registered
352 Posts
In my view if you are reasonably near Litchfields, then you should consider this as an option, but I'm 200 miles away and running costs for a 400 mile round trip make this less attractive.

If the service plan saves £400 and you plan to keep the car for three years, then it's not such a bad deal. For me the wife will be more acceptable of a £100 standing order rather than a one-off payment of a grand plus. The cost is spread and you forget about it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In my view if you are reasonably near Litchfields, then you should consider this as an option, but I'm 200 miles away and running costs for a 400 mile round trip make this less attractive.

If the service plan saves £400 and you plan to keep the car for three years, then it's not such a bad deal. For me the wife will be more acceptable of a £100 standing order rather than a one-off payment of a grand plus. The cost is spread and you forget about it.
Apologies for the silly question but are we 100% sure that using Litchfields won't invalidate the warranty and they have all the relevant computer hardware/software?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Apologies for the silly question but are we 100% sure that using Litchfields won't invalidate the warranty and they have all the relevant computer hardware/software?
There is an EU directive on the Litchfield website. Nissan (or indeed any other motor co) can no longer insist a car is serviced at a franchise dealer. This has been the case for some time.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Litchfields

Just been to Litchfields to have all my 'fluids' changed on my new UK R35after a Silverstone trackday when the oil and gearbox oil temps went above the Nissan maximums eg. 141c. My HPC quoted just over £1200 and Litchfields did it for £522 including service!
Still have to considergetting 6000 mile service done at Nissan HPC for the stamp in the book etc. Car just done 3500 miles and apart from 'cooking' it and dstroying the tyres - no problems
Any comments ref Nissan's approach to warranty if I continue to use Litchfields?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Just been to Litchfields to have all my 'fluids' changed on my new UK R35after a Silverstone trackday when the oil and gearbox oil temps went above the Nissan maximums eg. 141c. My HPC quoted just over £1200 and Litchfields did it for £522 including service!
Still have to considergetting 6000 mile service done at Nissan HPC for the stamp in the book etc. Car just done 3500 miles and apart from 'cooking' it and dstroying the tyres - no problems
Any comments ref Nissan's approach to warranty if I continue to use Litchfields?
Nissan cant stop you using Litchfields! EU law stopped the need for Franchise dealer service so long as your garage use Nissans oil and bits. There is a note about it on Litchfields website. They've been servicing the GTR longer than the HPC's so I reckon they know what they're doing!

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I assume the expensive 3 year service deal offered by HPCs for £3500 is due to the cost of picking up the car and dropping it off again at 1.2k miles, 6, 12, 18, 24, 30 and 36 months In my case that would be 7 round trips to my house of 300 miles some 2100 in total.

7 round trips at 40p per mile thats £840 plus 7 days off work and 2100 miles on the clock.

£3500 for a fully serviced performance car which is picked up and droped off with no extra mileage on the clock and not having to take days off work doesent sound too bad.

makes sense if you live a long way from a HPC.

Please correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
570 Posts
I assume the expensive 3 year service deal offered by HPCs for £3500 is due to the cost of picking up the car and dropping it off again at 1.2k miles, 6, 12, 18, 24, 30 and 36 months In my case that would be 7 round trips to my house of 300 miles some 2100 in total.

7 round trips at 40p per mile thats £840 plus 7 days off work and 2100 miles on the clock.

£3500 for a fully serviced performance car which is picked up and droped off with no extra mileage on the clock and not having to take days off work doesent sound too bad.

Nice to see you over here VXR, you still got the X ?

I am down the road from Litchfield and will definately go there.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Nice to see you over here VXR, you still got the X ?

I am down the road from Litchfield and will definately go there.
Yes and still enjoying the 400/400 for now, but hopefully enjoying something a little quicker in the not too distant future:chuckle:

·
Registered
690 Posts

Every trip is 40p per mile. If your aim is to not use the car I can't see the point of having it! Your trip to the dealer is a good reason to use and enjoy the car!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts