GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 2018 gtr planning on getting it built by Severn valley motoports any feedback of this company in term of their quality builds my aim is 1200 hp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only SVM customers feedback plz, this was not created to bash anyone just want some more info of their builds from u members

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi guys I have a 2018 gtr planning on getting it built by Severn valley motoports any feedback of this company in term of their quality builds my aim is 1200 hp
I have been with Litchfield and SVM and found SVM to be absolutely fine. They have even fixed a couple of Litchfield‘s mistakes (later admitted by Litchfield, not biggies) Note I rate Litchfield highly also.
Have owned two different GTR’s over the last 5 years. The past of course doesn’t necessarily mean the future will be good but no worries where I have been concerned.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
SVM must be doing something right as they seem to have a steady flow of customers and builds going on, however after my brief experience with them a couple years ago I have to say I wouldn't go back. Really unprofessional in their approach and were intent on slandering Litchfield as soon as they found out my car had been looked after by them. Regardless of how 'competent' a company is if that's how they conduct themselves it puts me right off.

My experience was whilst I had my car advertised for sale and a potential buyer asked for an inspection at SVM. I had a number of issues with them but notable ones are:

• The manager, Mike, tried pushing his opinion that my car had clearly not been serviced for years, as apparently the undertray bolts were rusty (I had full service history documented with Litchfield and at the time it was serviced about 4 months prior). Obviously a ridiculous statement to make.
  • Stating the car was running an old and outdated version of Ecutek, even though it was in fact running the latest version at the time, verified by Litchfield. They also made a big deal about it not running the latest version of the gearbox software and put this down as needing rectifying along with costs (This was true but obviously not a problem, I always found the shifts more than fast enough)
  • I had a puncture about 3 weeks before the inspection, I had the tyre replaced and needed the flat tyre warning light resetting (As this can only be done via Ecutek or Cobb). I made both the potential buyer and SVM aware of this before hand, however SVM tried saying that 2 of the TPMS needed replacing and recoding and put this down for rectification along with costs too
  • I took it to Litchfield a week later for an independent inspection, as naturally you question if some of the things they were saying had any truth in them and pretty much everything that SVM flagged up was quashed, including the Flat Tyre Warning Light being reset no problem. To top it off Litchfield checked everything over free of charge because of the stressful experience I'd had with SVM
  • I then had a separate inspection by AutoTorque who vouched for the cars condition/service history etc and had a great experience selling the car through them
  • I've also seen first hand, examples of SVM's tuning in the past, and through fellow owners that I've met, and I've not heard great things. I won't go into it here though as only fair I put my own experiences, PM if you want.
  • I genuinely think as soon as they found my car was looked after by Litchfield they were adamant to try and make my car out to be a poor example.
I've had some minor issues with Litchfield before don't get me wrong, but they've always been resolved professionally and dealt with well, which would lead me to go to them again. As I say just my experience, I'm sure SVM have plenty of competent guys and must be doing something right. All of this was a good few years back too, they may have improved since.

On a separate note I've also heard good things about JM Imports for big builds and believe AC Speedtech are pretty good too, but I haven't used them personally.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Didn’t SVM move into a MASSIVE new building a couple of years ago? Like seriously massive.

Now they’ve moved into another building and look like they do other cars (run of the mill stuff) plus MOT’s.

What’s that all about then?

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Good shout with JM and AC, at least you get an honest service.

SVM- generally poor customer service and far to many horror stories but seem to have a few select customers that are happy.

Litchfield- professional but ridiculously expensive, horror stories not as well documented and generally swept under the carpet. I’ve never known or seen any of their cars do the power they quote.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Didn’t SVM move into a MASSIVE new building a couple of years ago? Like seriously massive.

Now they’ve moved into another building and look like they do other cars (run of the mill stuff) plus MOT’s.

What’s that all about then?
They had other general car work before the GTR35 even came out. They are just combining their MOT side/general side together

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good shout with JM and AC, at least you get an honest service.

SVM- generally poor customer service and far to many horror stories but seem to have a few select customers that are happy.

Litchfield- professional but ridiculously expensive, horror stories not as well documented and generally swept under the carpet. I’ve never known or seen any of their cars do the power they quote.
Very good shout, I do find Litchfield o be expensive (and yes you can say you get what you pay for but..) others are much more reasonably priced. I live in Telford so SVM very close. Have dealt with both SVM and Litchfield since early 2000's. Ill check out some of competition

·
Registered
39 Posts
SRD Tuning is the way forward.
I've used Lee for nearly 8 years and never had an issue.
Wow he looks good, tell me more. I had a quote to go close to 800bhp but prise was eye watering and that’s from stage 4.25. What has he done for people on here? Time to spread the money out and create some more value in the market if they are good.

·
R35 Section manager
10,836 Posts
Wow he looks good, tell me more. I had a quote to go close to 800bhp but prise was eye watering and that’s from stage 4.25. What has he done for people on here? Time to spread the money out and create some more value in the market if they are good.

Lee is cracking bloke.
I've never felt ripped off whenever I've used him- SRD is small business with excellent customer service.

Google search Jamie P's 35 or give them a call for more details.

·
Registered
39 Posts
At least they have indicative prices on the website. These companies need to use social media and marketing better to help with seeing what they do. Ac and JM sites are quite poor no excuse in this day and age to not do that don’t care how busy you may be.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Lee is cracking bloke.
I've never felt ripped off whenever I've used him- SRD is small business with excellent customer service.

Google search Jamie P's 35 or give them a call for more details.
I bought Lee's car an SRD800. It is very reliable, has run many thousand miles since build, five years on and still running strong.
Lee knows how to modify a car and keep it reliable.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I bought Lee's car an SRD800. It is very reliable, has run many thousand miles since build, five years on and still running strong.
Lee knows how to modify a car and keep it reliable.
Also, I have this SRD800 serviced by Lichfield and both Lee (SRD) and Lichfield have nothing but respect for each other. A professional response to talk about competitors.

·
R35 Section manager
10,836 Posts
Also, I have this SRD800 serviced by Lichfield and both Lee (SRD) and Lichfield have nothing but respect for each other. A professional response to talk about competitors.

Yes Lee at SRD works alongside Litchfield.
SRD are more honest than any other garage I use- I take my Audi RS6 there now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SVM must be doing something right as they seem to have a steady flow of customers and builds going on, however after my brief experience with them a couple years ago I have to say I wouldn't go back. Really unprofessional in their approach and were intent on slandering Litchfield as soon as they found out my car had been looked after by them. Regardless of how 'competent' a company is if that's how they conduct themselves it puts me right off.

My experience was whilst I had my car advertised for sale and a potential buyer asked for an inspection at SVM. I had a number of issues with them but notable ones are:

• The manager, Mike, tried pushing his opinion that my car had clearly not been serviced for years, as apparently the undertray bolts were rusty (I had full service history documented with Litchfield and at the time it was serviced about 4 months prior). Obviously a ridiculous statement to make.
  • Stating the car was running an old and outdated version of Ecutek, even though it was in fact running the latest version at the time, verified by Litchfield. They also made a big deal about it not running the latest version of the gearbox software and put this down as needing rectifying along with costs (This was true but obviously not a problem, I always found the shifts more than fast enough)
  • I had a puncture about 3 weeks before the inspection, I had the tyre replaced and needed the flat tyre warning light resetting (As this can only be done via Ecutek or Cobb). I made both the potential buyer and SVM aware of this before hand, however SVM tried saying that 2 of the TPMS needed replacing and recoding and put this down for rectification along with costs too
  • I took it to Litchfield a week later for an independent inspection, as naturally you question if some of the things they were saying had any truth in them and pretty much everything that SVM flagged up was quashed, including the Flat Tyre Warning Light being reset no problem. To top it off Litchfield checked everything over free of charge because of the stressful experience I'd had with SVM
  • I then had a separate inspection by AutoTorque who vouched for the cars condition/service history etc and had a great experience selling the car through them
  • I've also seen first hand, examples of SVM's tuning in the past, and through fellow owners that I've met, and I've not heard great things. I won't go into it here though as only fair I put my own experiences, PM if you want.
  • I genuinely think as soon as they found my car was looked after by Litchfield they were adamant to try and make my car out to be a poor example.
I've had some minor issues with Litchfield before don't get me wrong, but they've always been resolved professionally and dealt with well, which would lead me to go to them again. As I say just my experience, I'm sure SVM have plenty of competent guys and must be doing something right. All of this was a good few years back too, they may have improved since.

On a separate note I've also heard good things about JM Imports for big builds and believe AC Speedtech are pretty good too, but I haven't used them personally.
Hello sir I appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guys thanks for feedback , I’d really like to hear from the high powered Svm GTRs how their vehicles have stand out since their upgrades

1 - 20 of 45 Posts