GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been thinking in and out and looking at LOTS of photo.

I have yet to come up with a nice color in my head.

I saw the Lambo Grey R34, and that was very nice. BUT...it feel like it is missing some ... impact???

Anyone have any other color they think would like very nice on a R34. Suggest any color, except flip paint. :)

·
6,821 Posts
A difficult choice, what are you thinking about a bordeau red? . . and risk something, getting away from the convential shemes in our heads . . .:smokin:

or an orange-sparkling metalic

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, just to add.

The car will have a carbon bonnett, so need to bare that in mind. As a black bonnet will show up ALOT more in a bright car and a dark car. And each will have its own effect.

As for gtrlux, that NSX is pure :bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

But the red and the orange seems nice if it is on a super car, but not too sure if it is on a R34. In short, I think it looks good on something that is flat, wide, low, and pointy noise, but the GTR is not any of them.

Thanks for the suggestion though, noted. :)

·
6,821 Posts
well here are some tests, guidelines . . . how it could look in a difrent sheme on a R34.

or a little gay:chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
make it pink! with black wheels!
seriously though. although it is a 'standard' colour, pretty much no one except tim has got it on his R34, 'jade green'.

its awesome

·
6,821 Posts
Here you go . .sorry for high jacking the thread . . :wavey:

. . and yeah this is real sex.:smokin:

·
Registered
348 Posts
how did you change the colour:confused: , id like to do it to mine, obviously by computer is there a special software needed. im in to that type of messing about.
cheers:wavey:

·
6,821 Posts
DOHC
That's a nice color would look great on a GTR34.

To change the color of the car, I used Photoshop, PS elements is more easy to use . . . selected the hole body of the car, where the color should be changed and then changed it with color variations . . .easy and quick.:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Try this site. Has some nice colours i must say.Carizzma.....From BASF OR you can always dip into the Nissan colour bin from their other cars like the Champion Blue on the R33 GT-R LM or hell go with a Rare R34 colour like someone said, Millenium Jade or even rarer to me, Silica Breath Metallic. Colour codes for them are here, http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/37809-paint-codes.html

·
6,821 Posts
Here are the colors shemes I was thinking about , if I would change the R34 color . . .my opinion is that if you change it -make it noticable, the Lambo grey on the R34 is great (but silver-grey looks allways good on any car). I like the dark cherry-bordeau red (the one on the Veilside Foryune RX7 from the Auto Salon).

Here are my favorites (nex to dark Lambo grey):

the fortune bordeau red color:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hard to find an R34 in Silica Breath Metallic for sure. You should go with that colour or Millenium Jade indeed.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I strongly believe one of those colours coupled with your carbon hood would turn heads just as much as a bright orange or such. And they both are bright enough to support that carbon hood.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Paint

I think it would be hard to eat this colour on a Skyline.Subtle but still gets the point across that its non standard. Its a colour from the House of Color Candy range.Im thinking of doing my engine bay covers in this wonderful colour...

·
6,821 Posts
Would look great on an engine cover, better then the Tomei-blue:chuckle:

It's very difficult to imagine some colors on a R34, the scooby STI blue would also look nice on a wider car like the GTR.

Still I would not go for a standard R34 color (even Millenium or silver), as the respray is expensive and finally you not have something special (in the unique way) after . . . I think our brains are too much full with the standard colors on R34s that it is difficult to imagine or tolerate other colors . .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi. could somebody photoshop it pink? wondering which color i want and didnt wanna start a new topic. all help i will be glad for

1 - 20 of 29 Posts