GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for all ,but moderators mainly, as a first time owner I have had a terrible experience , and have been completely taken for a ride by a tuner with a supposed good reputation, we are talking thousands not hundeds of hard earned.
Totally tarnishing ownership of my first skyline.
My question , am I going to be banned or my thread locked if I post my bad experience with a tuner here?
What happened to me should never happen , certainly not from a reputable tuner.
I am not trying to get out of paying, I paid my bill in full for the agreed amount ,to be told the car was done but it is not finished and the tuner had no intention of finishing it.
I will never get any money back, or get my car finished by the tuner I paid and I have no intention of getting into a slagging match here , I just want to tell you guys what happened to me and people can make there own minds up.
So can I pass on BAD as well as good recomendations in this sub-forum ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Not being funny but a lot of these posts get started by 2nd hand car Dealers.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Not being funny but a lot of these posts get started by 2nd hand car Dealers.
Maybe because they know more than the average punter :popcorn: :nervous:

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, you wont be the first or the last

Just tell the truth, otherwise you will look stupid

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Make sure that you have approached them first and you have the correspondence to hand. In the correspondence you should let them know you are considering posting about them on several large car sites. Things should be clearer for both of you by this time, one way or the other.

As a last resort only, name and shame them here... things have got sticky/tricky in the past with people jumping the gun. IMHO

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
In our experience there are always two sides to a story, and you should be prepared to allow the tuner to defend themselves in response to your claims.

We won't allow unsubstantiated claims either, so make sure you have your evidence ready to post. Things like before / after photos, invoices, and proof of communications will go a long way to ensure you get a fair ride here.

Whilst we're not against anyone airing a genuine grievance here, I suggest you have a look through some of the historic threads of this nature as they are never straight forward and are often not the best way to reach an amicable solution.

Thrust makes some very valid points above, and if I were you I'd have one more try at getting them to see reason before going public.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
**** it, I just love gossip, tell tell tell all!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts