GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

When I hit the throttle in 2-gear, my 33 is kind of shaking... Nothing in 1. or 3. gear.. Rear end of car shakes that is.. Anybody who knows what this could be? New gearbox coming up maybe??? :/

·
Registered
610 Posts
could be you as the power is frightening :wavey:
seems a bit puzzleing as it's only in 2nd :confused: any other gears, is it speed related. i.e say 36 in 3rd 4th and 5th.
need more info i think to gain a better response :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
get something similar in my 32 just not all the time and not in particular gear. just wobbles, usually when booted hard.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm... If it is the diff, it would shake at all times wouldn`t it??

No fear here :squintdan It shakes in the 2.gear, almost like there is something under the car... like the driveshaft...

Maybe it could be something in the gearbox??

·
Registered
257 Posts
I get similar to this, when i accelerate hard in say 2nd or 3rd the back end seems to wobble, but only for a split second and then it doesnt happen again.

·
Registered
373 Posts
check your rear dampers, ive got a similar problem, mainly round left hand bends, ive found my left rear shock is naff, been leaking oil for a while, im due to change them this week so ill keep you posted to see if it cured the problem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fighting for traction: hmm, don`t think so, cannot feel it in 1.gear...

Rear damper: Yess! It feels like the car is "sinking" down to the left, but hmm, still nothing in 1. or 3. gear...

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Broken tooth on second gear....? A freind has an Audi A4 with a vibration in fourth for that reason, it can be felt more if you pull the gearstick gently further back while accelerating in his car.

Generally speaking if it only does it in second gear then its something wrong with second, wear on other parts like mountings and propshafts is usually amplified by a lower gear but still apparent in a higher one. (hope im wrong on this one)

Try the cheapest thing first. check propshaft, driveshafts, rear shocks, rear bearings and bushes and anything else you can do for free.

·
Registered
930 Posts
do you mean an actual rattle or are we talking about the common brown pants moment in high revs when the back end jerks due to the speedo conversion. If this is the feeling you get its very common on gtrs

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No rattle no... Just a littlebit of shaking.. Where can I get bearings for the skyline? Stiff ones! :squintdan

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have the same shake in my GTR33. Did anyone ever figure out what it was? It just wobbles slightly, nothing serious. Kind of like you hit a tiny wet spot and then it corrects itself. Did we find a verdict?

-Sayajin

·
Registered
373 Posts
hi rocken, just a little feed back on the shaking ive been having too, changed the suspension today coz one of the rear dampers had been leaking oil for a while, problem solved:D normaly the car would want to shake its self to bits in 2nd gear trying to gain some form of grip round left hand bends even in a staight line at times & sink down round right hand bends snapping the rear end round to the front.

hope this helps anyone

·
Registered
12 Posts

Yea I have an r33 and sometimes in a straight line when under no acceleration at will sudenly wobble a couple of times from the rear, wonder if its related?

·
Registered
524 Posts
mine does this now in 2nd upwards really. feels unstable when turning corners. i think mine is my rear diff as i havent got the hicas no more which causes the car to wobble alot .

·
Registered
412 Posts
Still having the same issue on my end as well. Even changed out the entire transmission system so I know that the problem is not something with the gears. Did anyone ever figure it out?

-Sayajin

·
Registered
672 Posts
ah snap me to, at say 60-70mph the back end will wobble slighlty it done it when i had standard suspension and still does it on the tein coilovers, sayinbg that ive have just fitted some eibach pro spacers to the rear and front and it doesnt do it as much now? who knows what it could be?

·
Registered
520 Posts
When the car wobbles do you have music on loud ? If so this may affect
the G Sensor located near the handbrake causing probs with Hicas. Been documented before

1 - 20 of 31 Posts