GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been out for a drive this evening, on turning the wheel at low speed in either direction I'm getting a lot of steering wheel shake along with some rubbing noises, I'm also getting a little judder in the car, it feels like its coming from under my feet or behind the steering column.

Ive just had the following done at Litchfield a couple of weeks ago.

Steering Toe/ steering arms
Front and rear anti roll bars
new geometry setup

I've got the 2 day cat driver training course at the weekend and Silverstone track day on Monday which is making me a little worried that it could be something serious and ruin the whole weekend.

I will call Litchfield tomorrow although taking it down to Gloucester to get diagnosed is a 6-7 hour round trip so I'm trying to avoid that if I can.

I would prefer to take it somewhere more local to me if possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what it could be? Anyone had this before?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Blimey they're expensive toe links, maybe I'm just out of touch lol, but you would think that one of them is faulty if you're getting vibration like that.

Stupid question, but your wheel nuts are tight aren't they? Have you got over sized tyres, any rubbing marks on the arch liners?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No rubbing marks and the tyres are standard size.

I will check the wheel nuts but Litchfield fitted the tyres a couple of weeks ago so don't think they would make a mistake with that.

Just waiting on a call back from Iain Litchfield.

Blimey they're expensive toe links, maybe I'm just out of touch lol, but you would think that one of them is faulty if you're getting vibration like that.

Stupid question, but your wheel nuts are tight aren't they? Have you got over sized tyres, any rubbing marks on the arch liners?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There will be oil in your pan and specks under.... Could also take the top off the resovoir and have a look if it's low
Plenty of power steering fluid left, I got out by the front wheels while my wife turned the steering, the noise seems to be coming from around the wheel area.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Matthew, I am at Litchfield's at the moment and they are aware of your concerns. Most likely cause would be a slight drop of power steering fluid but Iain will call you ASAP once he has sorted a massive delivery out for his building works.
John M

·
Registered
818 Posts
Matthew, I am at Litchfield's at the moment and they are aware of your concerns. Most likely cause would be a slight drop of power steering fluid but Iain will call you ASAP once he has sorted a massive delivery out for his building works.
John M
John if mines still there! Whats the roll cage look like?:nervous:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I've just checked and it does seem to be a tiny bit under the min marker, I will look into getting some more and see if that sorts it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Nope just not seen it in the flesh so to speak!
Neil, it is a really neat job and less intrusive than I expected. You could almost get a couple of kids in the back underneath the bars and then mount a couple of DVD screens on the roll bar to keep them happy.

I would be delighted with the quality of work if I were you:cool:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Neil, it is a really neat job and less intrusive than I expected. You could almost get a couple of kids in the back underneath the bars and then mount a couple of DVD screens on the roll bar to keep them happy.

I would be delighted with the quality of work if I were you:cool:
Thanks John. :bowdown1:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts