GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a rip off; 10 visits and my "reward" is £1 off fuel!! The Shell 99 V-Power is good but I am going back to Tesco Momentum 99!

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
the new rewards scheme is much worse that it was previously, however my car performs better with less knock on shell than it does momentum

·
Premium Member
5,826 Posts
What a rip off; 10 visits and my "reward" is £1 off fuel!! The Shell 99 V-Power is good but I am going back to Tesco Momentum 99!
much better clubcard rewards with Tesco, I use Momentum 99 and its fine.. plus closer for me

i've also used shell Vpower and thats good too, don't notice any difference between them when driving

·
Premium Member
5,826 Posts
could clearly tell the difference when mapping on vpower over momentum at Litchfields
what sort of difference? am interested... as i don't notice any when driving, maybe a slight more burble from vpower thinking on, no boost difference tho i can think of... thats with trying both tank vs tank too while back

·
Super Moderator
15,576 Posts
I'm hacked off with them, I had loads of points on the old card but I've lost them all.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Yeah, you are supposed to get all old points back by voucher, haven't got my ones yet though!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
The 10 visits for reward doesnt have to be on fuel though, so long as you spend £2 in the shop it will count as a visit.

Also you used to get 2 points per litre if using V-power which meant for every 250 litres you'd get a reward. The new scheme gives you £3 for every 300 litres of V-Power, so its no different. In fact, if you use V-power only then its better as you get the 10 visit bonus and the £3 for 300 litres.

Still expensive though! I also dont work for Shell!

·
Ooo Matron !
2,038 Posts
Clearly don't remember the Shell rewards points back in the day lol.
I do.

You had to drive 100,000 miles and you'd get enough points for a glass tumbler. 500,000 miles you a set of 6 !

·
Ooo Matron !
2,038 Posts
much better clubcard rewards with Tesco, I use Momentum 99 and its fine.. plus closer for me
Momentum ? I'm not having any of that leftie petrol in my car !

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
I think it was a 5 or 6bhp difference on the same setup with noticeably less knock according to Iain. I can't pretend to say I could tell any difference from behind the wheel, but it is what I use exclusively now.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
It is the better cleaning agents added to V-Power that sets it apart from Momentum 99 really. Unless you got a bad batch of either (a batch that had been sitting for a while), you're unlikely to notice much, if any, subjective difference between the two fuels.

When in the UK, I used to fill-up with V-Power every time (except for maybe two or three occasions) but I've read people say that you should ideally fill up at least one in every four fills with it because of the cleaning agents (assuming that the other three are with Momentum 99).

Regarding feeling the difference, I use either 100 RON V-Power or 102 RON (ARAL) Ultimate 102 and you cannot notice any difference with the performance of the vehicle. The car is set-up to take 99 RON so using either 100 or 102 RON just means that the fuel is less likely to cause the timing to be pulled back by the ECU (again, unless a bad batch); it does not magically give the car more power (the map and timing is set, it won't suddenly increase). You'd need a specific map with higher timing to benefit from the higher quality fuel.

By all means, choose your fuel based on the rewards that you get. I, personally, prefer to put the best fuel in the car that I can regardless of the reward (I wasn't the recipient of the reward for my old Shell V-Power reward scheme so I have no idea how effective it was anyway tbh).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts