GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are peoples opinions on Shells Optimax replacement V Power.
My car doesn't seem to run as well. And my tickover now runs high (my mates RX7 does too).

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
All higher octane fuel differs in octane according to how old it is, so its hard to scientifically say.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
99oct

I always use 98oct for my R32 GTR 1994model.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
ohhh Jesus what a difference.
The car feels like its had another 100 horse.
Awesome stuff.
Better than Methanol.

LOL

·
Registered
234 Posts
first time i used it the car felt a bit more responsive but after two loads of £20 of v power the cars started knocking to about 40 on the PFC, anyway i decided to go back to tesco 99 today and overall the car feels a lot smoother and its hardly knocking. I dunno if its v power or maybe it was just a bad batch but i think im going to stick to tesco and it cheaper too

·
Registered
715 Posts
I always used tesco 99 in mine, but put a tank of the v-power in and it lasts forever compared to the tesco stuff, and I get much more popping and banging!!!

I reckon the shell stuff is better. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
my car has stalled twice on the stuff... 3 tanks so far, boost seemed to hold better on the first tank but now the ecu seems to be going WTF? im back on tesco 99 and all is back to normal

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Car seems more economical, plus pops and bangs more - but more noticable is that the exhaust note is deeper under acceleration.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I really cant see how anyone is noticing any difference, I mean its only 1 ron ffs. Now when we use 114ron race gas you can notice a difference, smell especially. But unless you are tuning your car to take advantage of the fuel you really wont notice anything imho.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
AJFleming said:
I really cant see how anyone is noticing any difference, I mean its only 1 ron ffs. Now when we use 114ron race gas you can notice a difference, smell especially. But unless you are tuning your car to take advantage of the fuel you really wont notice anything imho.
Im noticing a difference cause the RX7 keeps almost cutting out after 1/2 a tank of it and struggles to pick up. Could just be ignition though, it does need the plugs doing but it was fine till I put the Shell in it. Diluted it with Tesco again now. Hope it sorts it.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Just run a full tank through a 32 GTR, can't really say I noticed a difference to be honest.

Sometimes I think I notice it, but its the same thing as adding a 'power boost additive' to your 1.4 fiesta when you were 18 (I've lost count how much money I wasted on that stuff in my old Ford powerhouse!), its usually only your subconscious feeling the extra 50bhp! :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
AJFleming said:

i have yet to try it, but im with AJ on this......not much of a difference really, so what its running a smidgen more octane, but not enough to make a difference, its props that tiny bit more to tackle running imperections at high speed or heat or whatever i dont know im not a petrol tester :blahblah:

bt thats my guess anyway lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts