GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
That car had some great work done on it with a mix of Nismo and Mines. Anyone know where Shin is these days?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
In one month this is where I'll be with mine.....

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I still can't believe it's mph not kph!!

That's around a 8:30 btg time...

He's done 10,000 laps. I've done 18 :nervous:

Aiming for a 16 min lap;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
This guy is a top driver, simply awesome

I remember watching this in t.o.t.b 2 and it was a v.good handling car back then

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
An entertaining video :cool:

A few years back Dirk was asked and happily accepted to join the GTROC trip to the ring. He provided huge Nissan product knowledge & a wealth of ring experience to us.

He was quite friendly and engaged readily on a wide range of topics. The man had a genuine dry wit, was quite a tall chap & his drive skills by all accounts were just brilliant as you would expect. I unfortunately picked up a couple of flat tyres as a UK honda civic found the wall coming up the hill before the karussell spilling glass everywhere that two of my tyres found immediately afterwards. So te opportunity to go out in my R32 with Dirk faded away. :(

Later that evening he joined us in the Pistenklause restaurant for a almost compulsory steak on a stone & much Bitburger. I enquired into Shin's R34 and the rapidness of it. He said at the time that the speedo readout "was a bit optimistic". Meaning probably some speedo (or as mentioned above in the thread a different Diff setup) magic was involved, but this shouldn't get in the way of a entertaining tv feature.

Dirk at the time was looking forwards to retirement, he was continuing to work with Nissan & Aston Martin on developing handling and performance packages for these to manufacturers. We thought there might be a conflict of interest, but apparently there isn't enough cross over when looking at Nissan's products & Aston Martin's products. Read into that as you may.

Other than that we thanked Dirk for his time & tutelage and late that evening he departed our lives to carry on with his.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Must have watched this 100s of times.
Still watch it occasionally now. It's a brilliant watch.
Another great watch is Gan San lapping in a prototype
STI spec C Absolutely wrings it's neck to get a 8.06

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Lol. Shin's speedo over-reading by 30mph.

Dirk is not even trying on that lap.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Agh, we leave on the 26th.

You taking the 32? Your first visit?

·
Administrator
31,748 Posts
An entertaining video :cool:

A few years back Dirk was asked and happily accepted to join the GTROC trip to the ring. He provided huge Nissan product knowledge & a wealth of ring experience to us.

He was quite friendly and engaged readily on a wide range of topics. The man had a genuine dry wit, was quite a tall chap & his drive skills by all accounts were just brilliant as you would expect. I unfortunately picked up a couple of flat tyres as a UK honda civic found the wall coming up the hill before the karussell spilling glass everywhere that two of my tyres found immediately afterwards. So te opportunity to go out in my R32 with Dirk faded away. :(

Later that evening he joined us in the Pistenklause restaurant for a almost compulsory steak on a stone & much Bitburger. I enquired into Shin's R34 and the rapidness of it. He said at the time that the speedo readout "was a bit optimistic". Meaning probably some speedo (or as mentioned above in the thread a different Diff setup) magic was involved, but this shouldn't get in the way of a entertaining tv feature.

Dirk at the time was looking forwards to retirement, he was continuing to work with Nissan & Aston Martin on developing handling and performance packages for these to manufacturers. We thought there might be a conflict of interest, but apparently there isn't enough cross over when looking at Nissan's products & Aston Martin's products. Read into that as you may.

Other than that we thanked Dirk for his time & tutelage and late that evening he departed our lives to carry on with his.
I did 3 laps with him and was so hungover I learnt nothing lol Oh apart from him telling me my suspension was shit lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts