GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have eibach spring in the gtr but unfortunately both feont spring snap and need to eat a new set. Order a set from litchfield an deliver to Alex f Noble in edinburgh to get it fix. Got phone call today and been told to change both the front spring cost me 300 + vat that is a real shock
Has anyone change their springs on the car? And how much do they cost?

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Why didn't you get a quote for the price before telling them to fit them? How many hours labour did they charge you for? ( Nissan NHPCs don't you just love the way they bend you over!)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welltgey said they going to let me know but didn't. They told me is 3.5 hours. Labour with if £120 but charged me 3 hours instead and reduce the cost to £100 as goodwill.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hope you've had your car GEO'd as well, your car will be way out after changing springs,,
Being a main dealer can't believe they never told you how long it would take when you booked the car in,

Regards Goldie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use to service my car at them and they always try to match price with other and never told me £120/hr labour. Guess I'm going to litchfied for my next service.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hope you've had your car GEO'd as well, your car will be way out after changing springs,,
Being a main dealer can't believe they never told you how long it would take when you booked the car in,

Regards Goldie
Erm...being a main dealer, this doesn't surprise me at all and probably shouldn't surprise any other GT-R owner.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Erm...being a main dealer, this doesn't surprise me at all and probably shouldn't surprise any other GT-R owner.
My car only goes to main dealer for service and warranty work,
Never ever had any bills or surprises thrown at me,
I use Ancaster Bromley and can only praise their work, they have change the head unit on a warranty issue,
Regards Goldie

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Tbh that doesn't sound too bad a price. I had just a GEO done today at an NHPC and the bill was 300 quid. They charge 130 plus vat per hour.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Guess I'm going to litchfied for my next service.
Really? Are Litchfield so much cheaper that it's worth the 700-miles round trip, at least two days away from home and at least one night's hotel accommodation?

I've had great service from Noble's, equally great service from Litchfield, but I'm not going to do a 700-miles round trip to save a few quid per hour's labour.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
My 3 year service plan with the NHPC will run out soon, because the small print says 3 years OR 27,000 miles. I'm now on 22k miles.

I won't be paying the NHPC £156 per hour to change my oil and fill my washer bottle, but I'd be happy to use them at a reduced sensible rate, will be interesting to see their response :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Have eibach spring in the gtr but unfortunately both feont spring snap and need to eat a new set. Order a set from litchfield an deliver to Alex f Noble in edinburgh to get it fix. Got phone call today and been told to change both the front spring cost me 300 + vat that is a real shock
Has anyone change their springs on the car? And how much do they cost?
Did you a reach around or at least kiss on the neck with that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts