GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Have been on here for a while those that come to the Bubble Inn in Derby know me and my Purple Dragon RX7, well decided to let her go finally which was a very very hard decision but just fancy a change for a short while.

Have already agreed to buy a R34 GTT running 330bhp which isn't that quick but the car looks very very nice and has lots of GTR goodies on it and included in the sale is a R34 GTR rad and oil cooler which i will swap over for better cooling. Mainly gone for the looks really and not so much the performance, the RX7 is running 460bhp and is a much lighter car so the difference will be immense in pick up and aggression.

Will most likely keep the R34 for about 8-12months and will be later next year importing a rx7 again but looking for over 550bhp and something special, justr thought would change for a while :chuckle:

Dave Wilkins lives 4 doors away so i'm sure he will be around to snoop as he does like :flame: but trust meguys the car looks very very nice, was looking for a R33 GTR but this GTT caught my eye and will be just as quick as a standard R33 GTR,

Speak with you guys some more i'm sure, will post pics when i get the car and have had a good clean of it.

The RX7 is going on Sunday morning and i told the wife i will refuse to see it drive away and too hard to see it go !!!! :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Gurj
Derby

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
truly awesome rex man - any pics of your 34gtt? wont feel as quick as the rex but hell it'll probs be a comfier drive hehe! the prescence of a skyline on the road is amazing it really makes ppl's heads turn and the low bassy roar they do at 20mph thru small streets is immense - you'll prob not go back once you get the bug :) I only have a 33gtst but I cannot think of any other car I would want to get in place of it now except another skyline :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
truly awesome rex man - any pics of your 34gtt? wont feel as quick as the rex but hell it'll probs be a comfier drive hehe! the prescence of a skyline on the road is amazing it really makes ppl's heads turn and the low bassy roar they do at 20mph thru small streets is immense - you'll prob not go back once you get the bug :) I only have a 33gtst but I cannot think of any other car I would want to get in place of it now except another skyline :)
Ive had a R33 GTS before and yep they are much more comfy than the rx but trust me the RX7's are truely awesome to drive and the power delivery is much more harsher than the Skylines, looking to import another rx7 late next year until then the GTT will be brill as its a stunner.

Have a few pics but wont post until the deals are done as my rx7 goes Sunday morning and asa it has gone off to get the Skyline !!!

Gurj

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
not been in a rex7 yet - would really love to get a spin out in one I've heard they're comically quick off the mark and beyond - cant wait to see pics of the 34 tho :)

·
6,821 Posts
Very nice RX7, you had there . .difficult choice. But you will be refreshed with the new ride too.:wavey:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Nice rex mate. To me the rotary engines are so differnt to me.
Its odd seeing the autonator on the top.
The 34 will make a fun 8 to 12 months :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice rex mate. To me the rotary engines are so differnt to me.
Its odd seeing the autonator on the top.
The 34 will make a fun 8 to 12 months :)
Well coming back to the piston engine is not so bad as our other 2 cars are pistons, nothing special but piston.

The rotary engine is very unique and demands respect, where else can you get a 1300cc engine making 460bhp ???? and on the wider scale 1300cc making over 650bhp ??? very unique i kid you not awesome engines :flame:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picking up tomorrow afternoon, just met the lad who is taking the rx7 and i feel a whole lot better as hes a really nice lad, so should look after the car well i think :bowdown1:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey has the rx7 gone yet? I see it pulling into the grass car park at donington. Very nice
It will be going today about 11am, i asked the new owner if it was ok for me to do one last show in the rx7, he said it was cool so last appearence at Donnington yesterday, thanks for the kind comments she is a stunner !!! :smokin:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I think maybe an R32 GTR would have been a better progression for you from that gorgeous RX7....rb26 is what its all about

I've owned two GTST's (rb25) before my GTR and they are totally different cars to drive but share the same name

Did you have a go in a GTR when you were looking for a car?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think maybe an R32 GTR would have been a better progression for you from that gorgeous RX7....rb26 is what its all about

I've owned two GTST's (rb25) before my GTR and they are totally different cars to drive but share the same name

Did you have a go in a GTR when you were looking for a car?
TBH to get a GTR quicker than the rx7 i had would need well over 600bhp and that costs much more than what i currently had, the GTT is not for track use or fast driving just bought it as a stop gap before i get another very high powered rx from Japan late next year, not saying the GTR's are not good cars but my heart is with the rotary community :wavey:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts