GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whos got a 355??

I am close to buying my ultimate bird pulling car (only joking)

i have always loved the 355 ferrari and a cheap one has been offered to me.

do you guys know any pitfalls or major problems??

servicing costs etc

d

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Which roof? And which car would have to go?

Personally I've not driven one, but expect to be slightly underwelmed when I do, but it is still a Ferrari, and should be great with the laydee's ;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Don`t do it.

Hi Dave
Its a Fiat mate,thats a good enough reason.Buy another Skyline and have it hugely modified.

Now you can really Dance With The Devil!!!!!
And you don`t want to turn in to another David Yu:p

Henry:)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know i know!

Hi Henry,

I know it's a fiat but i already have a datsun :)

I will keep the datsun but have always wanted a 355 and a very cheap one wants me to play.

d

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
spend more

no ferraris are a superb bird puller especially if u go for soft top but just spend more on ur r34 and get 600 plus what ferrari is going to keep up ??? og the one in the mirrors

lee

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how cheap??

·
Registered
17 Posts
A Ferrari forum is probably a better place to ask. :) Test drive it, if you love it then buy it. I'd guess spares/repairs are going to be a touch more than your current wagon. Insurance?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but...

The 355 is unfortunatly the Ferrari "Popular Plus" edition, while still an awesome piece of machinery, my heart would still be voting Skyline. How about a Nismo 400R?

Good luck either way, the 355 is a beautiful piece of kit, but it is only a beginners Ferrari :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Think hard

Cheap Ferrari's are the quickest way to empty your wallet. I'd stay well clear of any cheap 355, unless you have an expert (i.e., not RAC/AA) check it over first. And I MEAN expert.

I've driven several 355's over the years, and was offered a 1996 left hooker with 30kkms on the clock for £42k (3 years ago). Looked very nice, drove very nice. Found out it was an ex Challenge racer with standard kit put back in!

Still, I LOVE Ferraris', so don't blame you if you buy it!:D

Good luck.
D.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
dan0h said:
The 355 is unfortunatly the Ferrari "Popular Plus" edition, while still an awesome piece of machinery, my heart would still be voting Skyline. How about a Nismo 400R?
I would agree on the Nismo 400R, but theres no doubting that the F355 is a gorgeous bit of kit.

And at the end of the day, a Ferrari is a Ferrari. :smokin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
How would you feel......

.......if you were cruising up the M23 in your new 355 and got blasted by sexy looking 32,33 or 34? Looks may be great but lets face it, why do buy Skylines in the first place?!!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts

Buy it, as long as it refers to an aftermarket 355 mm brake kit on a Skyline ! ;)

One positive thing about the Fiat 355: it's got Brembo brakes...:smokin:

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Thing is Dave

You've already got a gorgeous 34 and if you can afford it, AND WANT IT, buy it mate.

You only live once ;) .

glen

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Glen

You're right there ! :smokin:

Dave: you can always reuse the Brembo brakes after the rest of the car has fallen apart ! :p :D

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
I have to agree! If you are in a situation to buy it go for it!! Just keep in mind that if things go wrong(and they usually do with Ferraris) it will be very expensive to fix. I would get it if I was in your shoes....just to hear that V8 scream everytime I press the loud pedal :D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
take a look on EVO's website. They have had one on a long term test, it is erm... expensive to run :(

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had a '98 F355 GTS from February 2002 until last month.

Lovely looking car, and with the straight through exhaust sounded farking awesome, far louder/nicer than my R34 ever did.

However, they are slow cars (by Skyline standards) and the driving position doesn't suit everyone.

They require a £2000-3000 cambelt service every 2yrs, this is in addition to the normal servicing

Don't Don't Don't Don't ever get an F1 gearchange (£3000 every 9000 miles).

They're not good cars for doing high miles in either.. a 4-5 yr old car with 10,000 miles on it is the norm.. so you'll find yourself restraining yourself from driving it, otherwise it's going to depreciate like a stone.

They're not the "poor man's Ferrari", quite the opposite. They're considered by many as the most beautiful Ferrari of modern times, and aren't as flawed as the 348s.

You pays yer money, you takes yer pick.

While they are expensive, I don't think David Yu's car is representative of Ferrari ownership, in the same way that his wasn't representative of Skyline ownership either.

BTW: I have a nice 360 Spider coming in Spring :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
poor mans ferrari??

Hi All,

This is not the poor's man ferrari, please :)

I have been offered a 94 challange with big miles 45k miles but with full rebuild and in good condition my mate who runs and repairs them brought it near new and has looked after it since but it was used as everyday car.

i can get it for 30-35k i think.

d

i know it's not as quick but i will keep the BB devil so this is all about .... well u know!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts