GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BB R34 GTR, non VSpec, bone stock, except for some decent wheels.
The guy wants about 32K USD for it, year is 2000, about 35K km's.

Problem is I have my R33 with a few mods, LM R33 GTR. If I persue this
R34 I will not have money for a while to put any mods on it.
Suspension would be upgrade #1. Second problem is importing it.
Right now the R33's are allowed for import (1996-1998 IIRC). I love the R34's, but I do not want to start from scratch again. I think it is a good deal,
perhaps buy it for the wife :) but I drive it. Would nice to have 2 GTR's, but really can only afford 1 ATM.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Paul.
Look what you have though. Its a great car mate.
If i was you i would stick with the LM
Its more of a Wangan C1 Midnight car You know what i mean :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
If you are struggling to afford to mod it then you need to decide which is more important, 34 mat look better but wont be as fast as your 33 as you have modded it

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Don't be silly Hyrev.
R33 LM is an awesome looking car and yours looks just right.

Keep it. you'll miss it if you sell.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I think we`d all love to have more than 1 GTR (different models, different spec`s etc) but in the real world its probably not all that practical, unless you have very deep pockets.
Just my 2p worth.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Keep the R33.

If you get the R34, you will only end up with that little modding devil on your shoulder telling you to spend cash you don't have - hence getting you in trouble.

Your R33 is faster any way - and plus its unique. :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
i think the fact that would not be modified would mean youd not be happy with it.

Why not sell the 33 and with some of the money mod the 34??

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
If your even thinking about the r34 when you already have a GTR your minds made up and you know your gonna get one .If you can just afford it ,get it, lifes to short for what if's.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
717 Posts
32K us dollars? bit cheap for a R34 gtr in the usa....sure thats right?.....if it is i would snap his arm off for it aslong as it has a valid title etc

·
Registered
26,782 Posts
dont be silly

it lookd great at the Nismo factory Paul when i saw it

ask Gio if you can borrow his 34 when "needs must" ;)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Paul,

tough decision mate. I really like 34's, especially in BB ;) and the car you're being offered sounds very similar to mine. It would be something of a sight to see 5 or so BB R34GTR's cruising the streets of Tokyo :D

However your LM, aside from being very tastefully modded and looking awesome, is also a very unique car and a real head turner too.

If it was me, I think I'd stick with the LM :)

·
Registered
26,782 Posts
yeah stick with it :)

looked mad when we all let the omori factory (despite stopping at every set of lights)

dave did you get those wheels in the end for your 34?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Not yet...probably later in the year. I'm still debating what to go for! :runaway:

For the longest time I was dead set of getting 19x9.5 Nismo LMGT4's in silver, but now I'm not so sure. Other options are TE37's (Gio's and Dave's looked awesome) or silver CE28N's or AVS model 7's :cool:

Too much choice eh!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i know i will kick myself if i got this car, as I know my car very well.
But yes, he wants 32k USD for it. car is legit.

If price was cheaper would be even harder for me to decide. I know in the
end I will not sell the R33. It is hard for me to let such a deal pass me by.
But it has no mods with fairly low km's. I do like the uniqueness of my car
though. My car is paid off, so now i am really focusing on the power upgrades.
Wish i could get the R34 as a daily driver - lol.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Paul,
I have to say that, the way your car looks and drives, you are not going to be happy with a stock R34 even if it is just as a daily driver.
Do something else with the cash.... ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
32k US dollars for a r34 skyline in the US is like a free-give-away... Thats the bargain of a lifetime, at least in the US. However, I'll be suspicious if one is priced that low.

·
6,821 Posts
Hyrev stick with your car man. There is still time for GTR34s, they're not going to disapear soon . . . I would wait until end of next year, if I where you . . . or if you interested go for a special R32( like Tomei RB28, Top Secret, or HKS tuned) for the track.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts