GTR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
It didn't seem to stand out. It probably didn't help parked next to the orange one. Maybe with a wash and looking shiny would probably help out.
Fair enough.

Can't make my mind up on colour. Currently my concerns are:

DMG: for some reason makes the car look like one of the earlier models
Daytona: looks like a MY11
Katsura: not sure I could live with it every day, long term
Red: fugly
Silver: not worth the premium

Black was the only colour I haven't yet seen in person, so now I'm fcuked :confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Fair enough.

Can't make my mind up on colour. Currently my concerns are:

DMG: for some reason makes the car look like one of the earlier models
Daytona: looks like a MY11
Katsura: not sure I could live with it every day, long term
Red: fugly
Silver: not worth the premium

Black was the only colour I haven't yet seen in person, so now I'm fcuked :confused:
It is a hard decision as it is a large amount of money to spend if your not totally happy. I was a little concerned about living with the orange but after seeing it in the flesh I was over the moon. it might be worth looking at the black one as I really wasn't keen. I think all the other black bits don't stand out either.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
So basically, everyone who has bought the new model has gone for Orange so far?
Yeah cos all the other colours except Red and Blue are soooooooooo very boring - hence al the "C" rapping going on

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
All of them look like the earlier models from the back.

Some front on pictures would be great.

You also need to consider what they look like with the interior.

E.g. Katsura has to be prestige black, as does Daytona. Black and white go with all interiors.

Grey almost does but borders on dodgy with the brown but the brown is a bad brown anyway.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I had a black one last week, it didn't do anything for me colourwise, I'll post a few pics but they're not very good quality...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can't decide between orange or white, I think white will probably be rarer and easier to sell in 2 years time, 90% of others being orange, possibly :)
I had planned to go for white but went for the orange and while I like it a lot and there aren't many of them around just now (in Newcastle anyhow) I can see that changing fairly soon judging by the numbers on this forum that have gone or are planning to go for orange..... seems to be proving a popular choice, let's hope the same applies in a few years at selling time! :)

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
I like white but some of the panels are just too big and flat for that expanse of it. It looks better on smaller more rounded cars like the gt3s or Italian cars.

Hence why DMG just always works.

It also shows less dirt and the paint isn't as soft as other colours.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
I like white but some of the panels are just too big and flat for that expanse of it. It looks better on smaller more rounded cars like the gt3s or Italian cars.

Hence why DMG just always works.

It also shows less dirt and the paint isn't as soft as other colours.
Na RED is sooooo very boring !! DMG all the way !!

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Yeah, well that was cos it was probably the only GTR in the country at that time and we were limited to Black, White 3 shades of Gay and of course the best colour for a GTR GRAY

101 - 120 of 133 Posts