GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question,

I had my car serviced a few months ago from Nobles HPC (36 month service) and was told that the gearbox oil was only inspected at this point. I've had my misses check the service manual and it does indeed state that the gearbox oil is only inspected at the 36 month service.

The service + optimisation cost around £650 - £750 (I'm offshore at the moment so I can't get an accurate figure)

According to the service manual, the gearbox oil is changed in the 42 month service, hence the reason it is also another expensive service (roughly the same cost as the 36, maybe even slightly more)

This was the information I received from Darren at Nobles, and is also what is written in my service manual, but when I google it and look at litchfields servicing cost breakdown - they state that the gearbox oil is changed on the 36 month service...

I'm very confused, and as I'm offshore it's making it worse because I'm starting to panic and can't check the service manual properly myself.

My car is a 2009 model.

Could someone clear this up for me? I'd really appreciate it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind - the last service was a 48 month service , not the 36 month!!! It's been a long day.......

·
Registered
3,517 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was actually sitting freaking out for ages over this! Then I read my post and thought "hang-on a minute, my car is 4 year old - that's 48 months, not 36!!!"

Looks like the price difference between litchfields and the HPC is a fair bit when it comes to the gearbox oil. I might try and source this to reduce the cost...

Thanks for there ply though, even if it was just to see me make an idiot of myself!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts