GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got r32 gtr and want to fit some aftermarket gauges got boost already what you guys got and where did you put them any pics much apreciated cheers

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
yes come on let have some pics i want to see where you have them fitted especially on the 32 ..

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
additional boost, egt and oil temperature

boost in the dash, others in the centre console above the ashtray, pfc commander hides in a slot between the two

sorry no pix, car's in the shop

boost- standard doesn't go high enough

oil temp- tells you when the car's warm and it's safe to put your foot down

egt- tells when it's safe to switch the car off after a run

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i.ve got 3 x 60mm defi's to fit in my 32... need somewhere good to put them ..where they can be seen but not on the A pillar ..
need some good ideas ..with pic's

·
Registered
121 Posts
i would love to see them in the dash above the glove box that will be my next project just as soon as i buy another greddy boost gauge

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i was hoping to mount the gauges in the console maybe where the standard 3 gauges go but mine are 60mm so bigger than the standard ones also i still need to use the standard volt gauge so this will have to go elseware where ..

i noticed a few people fixed the gauges in the glove box ..? i really don't get this ..why ?? whats the point may as well put them in the boot ..

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
This is the way to go people :thumbsup:

Here i have, oil pressure, fuel pressure, oiltemp, watertemp, rpm, speedo, fuel level, odometer.

Extra gauges are AFR meter and boost pressure. which are both located in the centerconsole.

Looks very clean. :)

Asim

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
This is the way to go people :thumbsup:

Here i have, oil pressure, fuel pressure, oiltemp, watertemp, rpm, speedo, fuel level, odometer.

Extra gauges are AFR meter and boost pressure. which are both located in the centerconsole.

Looks very clean. :)

Asim
mate your right that is the way to go and i would love that setup BUttt.... unfortunately i don't have the cash ..:bawling:

and i got my defi gauges for a song ..:D

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
mate your right that is the way to go and i would love that setup BUttt.... unfortunately i don't have the cash ..:bawling:

and i got my defi gauges for a song ..:D
You know, after all these years tuning and bulding cars i learned one thing.
Buying lots single gauges, they almost ad up to a stack (or similar) system.

But it is a big step for some people, it makes the car feel more like a racecar.

I personally love it, the look and performance.

Asim

·
Registered
736 Posts
heres mine,

60mm defi's w/ Greddy A-pillar mount

Theres 2 more temp gauges, a profec B spec II, auto timer, and the contorl unit for the Defi's will all be mounted in the center console... have a look through the blog i started to see how i custom fit my AC unit too.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR - Build

·
Registered
121 Posts
i noticed a few people fixed the gauges in the glove box ..? i really don't get this ..why ?? whats the point may as well put them in the boot ..[/QUOTE]

referring to mine huh?
as i put in my pic, as soon as i get another boost gauge i will mount them in a different place as they are useless were they are... i nearly crashed once lol

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i noticed a few people fixed the gauges in the glove box ..? i really don't get this ..why ?? whats the point may as well put them in the boot ..
referring to mine huh?
as i put in my pic, as soon as i get another boost gauge i will mount them in a different place as they are useless were they are... i nearly crashed once lol[/QUOTE]

no mate i wasn't getting a you although i did of course see your pictures ..:thumbsup:
i have seen loads of pictures with similar glove box gauge setups am i right in thinking you can even buy a special insert to fit the glove box to mount the gauges in ..?
just seems a very strange place ..like you can only check your oil pressure etc... if you have no passengers in the car ..:D as the glovebox needs to be open to see them..

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
IMHO the best option is a Defi Head-up display. Speed, RPM and shift light standard and oil pressure, oil temperature, water temperature, EGT temperature and fuel pressure can all be added with an additional control unit and sensors. All on one display reflected off the windscreen. Makes the dashboard uncluttered and saves weight.

I also have boost and Wide-band lambda gauges in pods on the roll cage upright so don't have to look down below the window line at all. Much safer when you're driving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts