GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's running with what intakes and what stage tune are you running? Is there a noticeable intake sound increase?

GTC, Litchfield, Stock, other?

Pictures please if you any?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
Collecting my new intakes from Litchfield on Sun, Iain should be bringing a set of Forge ones down to Robbie's BBQ.

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
They are not the cheapest but Matt at TRL recommended them as they are meant to be a good fit and a decent increase in size over standard.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I've got GTC intakes with K&N filters. Much louder than stock, extra turbo whistle and induction sound :D

·
Registered
3,517 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I'm running the litchfield forge intakes and they are a bit louder than stock but the induction noise is no where near ones I've run in evos in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I'm running the litchfield forge intakes and they are a bit louder than stock but the induction noise is no where near ones I've run in evos in the past.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
GTC with ITG filters on mine.

Easy to fit using the install guide I posted up a while ago. Here you go

Makes the engine feel much more free.

·
Registered
415 Posts
GTC intakes going on soon with the help of CC's excellent fitting guide.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Same here. GTC intakes going on today :)

Thinking of trying the inlet pipes too but they seem very hard to install.
Got those free of charge from Ben as a compensation for something that (in my opinion) wasn't even his fault! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Intakes and R600 tunes are very popular lately

We went though a few design tweeks but now very happy with latest intake for calibration (closely follows oem maf curve), fitment, performance and price.

Almost ever tune on OEM air boxes to 14psi will hit 4.8v MAF resolution with celling being 5.0V but you'll want some head room. Although the OEM airboxes are a very good design and the best filtration from dirt sadly slightly too small when using the maf based mapping.

Intake design (position of MAF, diameter and filter choice) is important, we have mapped every design out there many are very similar as only so much space to work with. Have my favourites and some owners i'll have to advise it won't map well.

Maf on a bend doesn't work. Not keen an maf too close to filter and inside engine bay

logs on these two were horrible with 130% correction at one maf v and 80% at the next

Have mapped quite a few HKS Racing suction, they are expensive £1,100 + and hit 4.8v with 14psi, also wouldn't want a foam filter this thin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts