GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics please, just wanted to see what vinyl wraps people have used on their GTR's or if anyone has any pics of other members cars wrapped up :D

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Hmm. Looks like a lot of people are wrapping the bottom grey plastic splitter and skirts too.

Not sure I like that effect, so I'll be keeping mine unwrapped.

Have to wait until early November to see Godzilla 2 in all her purple glory! :cool:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'm wrapping my R32 as soon as I can get around to it, financially and timewise. It looks pretty cool, but I'm really simply just sick of waxing and polishing, and would like a simple wash and dry detailing regimen for the car...I mean hell, after spending hours waxing my car, then it rains, and then instead of driving my fine Skyline, I take the bus??

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
That's a bit high. More like between £1300 and £2000 depending on how expensive the vinyl is.

Substantially cheaper than a respray and easily reversible!
In the meantime it protects your original paintwork.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Raccoon charge about £3-3.5k for a chrome/mirror vinyl but this is a dual layer vinyl to get the best shine. A single layer was aroun £1.5-1.8k.

I think a chrome one would be awesome - Maybe I should do the Gumball and do it then!

·
Registered
28 Posts
"Substantially cheaper than a respray and easily reversible!
In the meantime it protects your original paint work."

I am (was?) contemplating spending £1K in very round numbers on armourfend for the front of my car-to-be.

If I can protect the paint in its entirety and dramatically simplify the care regime for a few quid more, happy days :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Scale discount? Team up and order a job lot? I don't want anything exotic, just your regular shiny vinyl protective layer, preferably clear or in the same underlying gunmetal!

I like the car-to-be's natural colour, I don't like the impracticality of paint!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
a mere £750 in Seoul - lower labor costs. Don't have the free cash at the moment though - too much tied up in current and future bikes and the mods I plan to do to them! Between cosmetics and hurling my body with faster acceleration and faster velocities, my cash is pointed towards the latter!

still...really would like to get it done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
got a black edition black wanna wrap it matt black seen 1 in dubai looked awsome dunno if it gna be the same here, chrome is really tempting

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pics please, just wanted to see what vinyl wraps people have used on their GTR's or if anyone has any pics of other members cars wrapped up :D

i wanna wrap mine matte black very tempted - see one in dubai looked awsome - still though woot abt a chrome wrap on a gtr???????

1 - 20 of 129 Posts