GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a big debate going on on Scoobynet regarding SIDC trackdays.

Initially they were open to all comers - always full and a great variety of cars. The policy changed last year to Subaru only, unless spaces were free - other marques would be on a reserve list.

Now unsurprisingly trackdays are getting emptier and emptier -anyone who has ever been on an SIDC will know that they are exceptionally well run and everyone always has a great time.

It would be a massive shame to see them all disappear and I think the general consus is to mix them with other clubs.

Can you post here :SIDC trackdays to express any genuine interest.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
To anyone who doesn't know, SIDC stands for Subaru Impreza Drivers Club. In the odd occasion in the past, we've had invitations extended to us for trackdays. Some of you will also note that we've formed a provisional alliance with the RS4 club, which is going to be excellent for sharing trackdays with similar cars.

We're too small a community to be able to have Skyline specific trackdays on our own, for this reason we're having to share the days with another, larger organisation by forming a symbiotic relationship.

I've predominantly done SIDC trackdays only in the past, but that might change soon.

Cem

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Shaggy,

I did the SIDC day at Bedford Autodrome last November and can vouch for it being well run and all the guys were friendly too, no marque rivalry that I could perceive. It was obvious that you were struggling then to fill that day as only 35 cars actually turned up which must put a big strain on your finances.

I think that the track day scene has exploded over the past 3 or 4 years so it's become easier to pick up a track day where you want and when you want it. This only makes it more difficult to arrange a specific event for specific cars imo.

Good luck in the future. :)

Peter.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
John Stewart regularly extends an invite to us Northerners to join in withthem when they have a day organised at Knockhill, unfortunately I've never been able to attend ( work:( ) but some of the other owners have.

I'm sure we will be happy to continue to attend in the future, when invited :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts