GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to relocate my indicators to the sidelight lens so that I can remove the indicator lens and surround completely to let some more air through to the oil cooler. That's easy enough but I'm left wondering where to put the sidelights now...?

I know a few of you have done this (Alan, John.... I think). Where did you put them and was it easy?

Ta.

Peter.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Peter,

Swapping out the old indicators is easy (just need a couple of yellow/orange bulbs).

Alan hasn't yet put side-lights/position indicators on his car but is working on some LED/LCD solution. I put the position lights in front of the dipped lights behind the main lens. Doesn't look pretty, to be honets, but is functional. It doesn't get in the way (i.e. cast shadows) either as it's too close.

Check out
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2011&highlight=indicator

Depending on what you want to do afterwards you can either leave the hole bank (like mine) of put mesh in (Alans). If you leave it blank you'll probably want to remove the bracket for the current lens (small drill/sander will do).

Cem is going to be posting my pictures of the May Grasshopper meeting when he has a moment - there are pictures of Alan's and mine for comparison.

PM me your e-mail and I'll send them to you direct.

John

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John.

The LED options sounds cool, will look into that myself too. I will put some grille back over the holes just to stop any stones slamming into the oil cooler.

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
on a similar note, has anyone successfully relocated the sidelights from a UK '33 to where they darned well ought to be?

(uk r33 has sidelights and indicators combined where the indicators normally are)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headlights are out, 12v LEDs ready to go in, not sure where yet though.... :) Can't find any 18w amber capless bulbs so will have to colour the indicators bulbs as they fit into the sidelight lamp holders. Just need to sort out the grilles.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, they look v cool but won't fit inside the sidelight hole. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts