GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just fitted the reverse gear bleeper delete kit from Brian and it's so much better. I know it's not a big deal to some but it use to get on my nerves. Just 4 wires to connect up to the back of the OBD2 connector.:clap:

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Beeper?

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Not all GTR's have it, mine is a MY09 and doesn't make any reverse beep.
Ahhh mine does, I like it as it warns with slow to faster beep, then a solid beeeeeeep when I'm as close as I should get to whatever is behind.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I have both !!!!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I'm quite picky, but one of the things I would never delete is the reverse gear bleeper. I think it's there for a very good reason.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
It's utterly ridiculous that the reverse beep isn't disabled when the parking Ensor kick in. And then you add to that that the parking sensor beeps are next to useless! I Gave up listening to the beeps after about a week. Still doesn't bother me enough to spend actual money fixing it though.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
And the fact that you're going backwards...!
Trouble is, it's before you're actually going backwards that it's helpful.

Ok, most people will drive a lifetime and never get caught out, but some will be caught.

Sitting at a hold up, day dreaming, thought the car was idling in N but absent mindedly you've put it in P. Answer the phone have a chat, write a text message, traffic moves, Pull it back 1 notch and floor it in to the car behind.

Sat at a long red light, car is idling in N, lights go green, push the shift forward in a moment of stupidity whislt staring at some knockers, and floor it into the car behind. Yeah I know there's a big R but you won't be looking at that as she's walking past.

Haha, I sound like a nanny, I really don't care who does what with their reverse bleeper, but I just can't see how it's annoying? The reverse camera on the other hand, that everyone seems to love, I absolutely hate! Utter waste of space, if I could delete that I would! I guess I must be the oddball :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts