GTR Forum banner

Would you be interested in Silicon intake pipes, (AFM - Turbos)?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
1. Scott -PAID-
2. archaeic_bloke
3. Bennyboy1984
4. clarky_gtt
5. Cris
6. Julio2906 -Paying-
7. Monk2 -Paying-
8. R32 GTR R32 GTR,
9. ANDY GTR -Paying-
10. aki
11. infamous_t
12. markM3
13. Niklas
14. richpa
15. rossmcleod
16. ru'
17. trevbwhite
18. typerchris
19. mambastu -Paying-
20. DazGTR -Paying-

I am sure I have been contacted with more requests, but the above list is all I can remember :rolleyes: until the cheques arrive.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Would they do a deal on a package of ancillary hoses as people are asking for combined with these?
At the moment I am just trying to work this 'deal' out with them, but I have been in discussion with them regarding them supplying the rest of the GT-R pipes they do and they said they'd do a discount to the club if this group buy works out. :smokin:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
2x 70mm ducts (standard GT-R AFM's)=
=£95.00
+ £6.00 Carriage
+ VAT
= Total £118.68 Delivered to your door!

2x 80mm ducts (Z32 AFM's)=
=£110.00
+ £6.00 Carriage
+ VAT
= Total £129.25 Delivered to your door!

PM me if you interested. :)

1. Scott -PAID-
2. archaeic_bloke
3. Bennyboy1984
4. clarky_gtt
5. Cris
6. Julio2906 -Paying-
7. Monk2 -Paying-
8. R32 GTR R32 GTR,
9. ANDY GTR -PAID-
10. aki
11. infamous_t
12. markM3
13. Niklas
14. richpa
15. rossmcleod
16. ru'
17. trevbwhite
18. typerchris
19. mambastu -Paying-
20. DazGTR -Paying-

I am sure I have been contacted with more requests, but the above list is all I can remember :rolleyes: until the cheques arrive.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Interested.
If he could sent a picture of one finished, or even sketch the design. How thick will the walls be?
How much of the bends will be eliminated?
As stated, these are being made for us at the moment, so there are no pictures.

What I can say is they will be 4-5mm think with intergrated wire coils to prevent vac collapse. As for the bends, I'll have to wait to see what the tool make could come up with in the package I allowed them. Either way, it will be an improvment over stock. ;)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Sorry everything has gone quiet all, but I have just had the week off after the birth of my baby daughter. So no, I have not run off with your cheques. LOL

I have talked to the supplier today who informs me that the tools are almost finished and they hope to get some prototype part off of them next week and will then be able to send me photos to post.

As I forgot to ask for usernames to be sent along with the cheques I have no idea who it is that has paid, but I can say is that I have 6 cheques here now and so only need a minimum of 2 more to place this order. :D

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Once again, sorry for the silence, but these babies are not easy in the early weeks. :rolleyes:

Anyway, firstly , thank to those of you who have already sent me their checks. :thumbsup:

Secondly a status report: I called the manufacturer today to ask when the first part will be ready, apparently their tool make is backed up with work and so the tool is still being finished. An estimated time of the week after next for the first parts. Then I'll be able to post up pictures for all those who have asked for them and hopefully get the last couple of cheques needed to get this deal off the ground.

But for an indication of what these part look like, here is a link to another manufacturer:

http://image.nengun.com/catalogue/100x75/nengun-0712-00-samco-silcon_intake_hose.jpg
Samco - Silicon Intake Hose - Nengun Performance (check the price!!! :eek:)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Once again, thanks for the cheques that have arrived since my last update.

I have just spoken to SFS and unfortunately the guy dealing with our ducts has been on honeymoon, and while he is away his colleagues have bumped his job down at the tool maker and so they had not started up until the end of last week. Anyway, he's been on to them and they started Monday, I spoke to him 5 mins ago and he said he'd call them if they were still there and see when we can get some parts, if not photos for those who have asked for them.

Also, he also has found a company who want to buy a batch, so we no longer have to get any minimum order, as they have covered the tooling costs. This company will be selling these ducts at full price and not the discounted price listed below, (some 25% discounted to us).

Once again, I'll keep you posted but expect results next week or I'm really going to have a pop with them as this is really dragging on. :(

=£95.00
+ £6.00 Carriage
+ VAT

=£110.00
+ £6.00 Carriage
+ VAT

PM me if you interested. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, Sorry i'm a bit slow on the uptake but are these going to be in black? want a set if they are, also do you know which size i need to fit H.K.S AFM delete pipes on a 33 gtr? i'm guessing 80 mm standard right?
Keep me posted man and the money is as good as sent.
Cheers

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Any news Scott ? :)
The guy said the first part should be coming off the tool this week, so I called him today, but lost track of time and it was 5:45 by then. :rolleyes: :(

I'll call him tomorrow though. ;)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
I meant to post this picture of the tooling up last week to show the project is in motion:

But today I got home from work to find these 70mm Dia ducts on the door step: :clap:

The ducts are very well made and the internal metal support structure will make them impossible to vac collapse,
which was the first aim of my redesign of the stock part. The other was the pressure drop, and these parts are
very smooth inside and the initial bend radii on the rear duct is significantly improved.

I will be fitting these in the weeks and will post more pictures and let you know how it went. ;)

Friday I sent of a list of the orders I had received cheques for so far, so the
people listed below should be getting theirs either later this week or early next.

Mr McNaughton
Mr Johnson
Mr Bond
Mr Stephenson
Mr Woollacott

The order book is still open at this discounted from RRP price, and will be for a couple more weeks,
so for those who showed interest but wanted photos first, here is your chance ;). PM me for payment details.

=£95.00
+ £6.00 Carriage
+ VAT

=£110.00
+ £6.00 Carriage
+ VAT

In a few weeks I'll end the offer, but there is a chance it'll migrate over to the GTROC Web shop for GTROC members only, so if your not a member, the clock is ticking.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts