GTR Forum banner

Would you be interested in Silicon intake pipes, (AFM - Turbos)?

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Well since no one came back to me on my query I decided to call up SFSPerformance today and got the part on order.

I'll write something up when I get the bits in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well since no one came back to me on my query I decided to call up SFSPerformance today and got the part on order.

I'll write something up when I get the bits in.

mine are fitted but the car is off the road for some more mods im doing so havent had chance to drive it.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
if another GB goes ahead i will have a set in blue

Thanks
Same here! I didn't have the cash at the time, but I have just had to order a blue intake hose (also made by SFS) from Temple Tuning as my standard hose to the "Twin Turbo" pipe has a rather large split in it right next to the jubilee clip! :(

Do you know if the club shop will be doing these, or if they're still available directly from SFS? Wouldn't mind getting the other hoses replaced too as and when in the same colour.

Cheers! :D

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Do you know if the club shop will be doing these, or if they're still available directly from SFS? Wouldn't mind getting the other hoses replaced too as and when in the same colour.

Cheers! :D
Spoke to Lee (Technical Sales Chap) at SFSperformance - Parts are made to order. Still at the same prices as far as I know!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Doh! Nice one Gav, I misread your post, I'll have to give Lee a buzz on Tuesday! How long will they take? Is it the usual 6 weeks that Samco quote?

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I believe these are going to become a shop item soon

Mook
Any ideas on how soon, "soon" is? ;) I'd like to get the modified twin turbo pipe at the same time if they do go into the shop, so I can then do both mods at the same time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
@ Duke - I just stumbled across the thread the other night while online, if i saw it at the start i would have put my name down there and then for a set

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Aye, looking back the original idea for the GB was before I even bought my Skyline, lol. I still might give SFS a call, but my intake hose I ordered from Temple Tuning went missing in the post. :( They sold the last one they had too, and it'll be another 3 weeks before the next order comes in. Luckily I found a standard hose, delivered next day so my car is now back to full power! :D

I do like the idea of a hard pipe kit, it just all depends on teh monies! ;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Gav's results - Murmuring from a wannabe mechanic!

I fitted these today. The usual swearing and skinning of knuckles when fiddling with jubilee clips in hard to reach places. Budget a good couple of hours if your not a skilled mechnical type person to replace the OEM pipes

I noticed a little bit of a difference in the engine. Defo improvement in the top end revs leading upto 7k. I'm normally changing by 7.2K

Engine feels a smidgen free-er in it's breathing and that can be experienced by the engine revving up a smidgen better than what it was before towards the top end (as far I can humanly tell).

It pulls a smidgen better towards the top as a result. I think it's flowing the air a little bit better than the OEM parts ever did.

With both the Silicon pipes &Twin Turbo Pipe conversion my car it is actually starting to feel a little bit nippy!

So Scott, I think you've earned some brownie points by improving on the OEM parts!

GavGTR Out!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Cheers for the feedback Gav. :(

Does it sound better?
I doubt if you'd notice any audible difference tell the truth.

NVH should not be effected, they just offer less restriction.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
I'd like a set too please >_<)_

Hopefully these become available. I'm sporting the SFS turbo 45ºish hose already in a blue-in-your-face engine bay, so would look even better with this !

Also wouldn't be too hard to have the same pipe made without the re-circulation and oil blow by connections. Nope ?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Does it sound better?
The engine note change slightly - Because of the slightly improved revving up, the only way I can explain it from a before to after is the engine noise sounds more purposeful. In terms of exhaust note, god knows. I'm usually not sitting behind the exhaust pipe when I'm driving the car:p:cool:

81 - 100 of 102 Posts