GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

not sure if i should upgrade my engine bay hoses to silicone & possibly even do the hard pipe kit for my gtr whilst the engine is out.

ive come across these 2 companies on ebay:
http://www.silicone-hose.net/
ASI

does anyone have experience with these guys? they are very cheap, only $450aud for the heater hose kit, radiator hose kit & hard pipe kit

my other concern is whether the hard pipe kit 'may' increase of turbo shuffle as im running -10's on an rb26/30???

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pls ignore this post - i bit the bullet & bought the heater hose kit.
was also advised to stay away from the hard pipe kit as this can increase turbo shuffle as the stock pipes apparently minimise this.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
stock intercooler pipes will balloon under higher pressures, much above 1.3/4bar and you may come across some issues (from what i have been told and seen in a couple of instances, could be why they aid shuffle as they take up any slack). I have silicone IC hoses and for the cost theyve been pretty good :) certainly held 1.8bar just fine.

With -10s they will be pushing a lot more air than a stock turbo so id advise changing them.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have silicone IC hoses and for the cost theyve been pretty good :) certainly held 1.8bar just fine.

With -10s they will be pushing a lot more air than a stock turbo so id advise changing them.
where did u get your silicone IC hoses from?
ive looked on ebay & can only find heater & radiator hose kits :(

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
must confess i bought them second hand but search for SFS as i think thats who made them and you might come up with something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts