GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these - SIDE SILL PLATE

And with my Japanese not being the best (or even at all) I'm struggling tounderstand if these are replacement for damaged sills or are they intended to strengthen the existing sills.

If the second they seem an excellent idea given the (relative) flexible nature of the R32 chassis.

Can anyone shed any light?

·
Registered
171 Posts
By mounting to fit the side sills, the longitudinal stiffness of the floor, torsional rigidity is improved. ***9679; Installation will require welding. Or to reduce the effect, but by using the rivet nut with special tool (nut riveter) Drill a hole in the body and can also be attached. (***8251; BNR32 will be mounted in the welding process.)

taken from google translate lol

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
LAILE

Stiffens, not a replacement according to the english translation.

Looks like the sterling price is £59.

Definitely interested if you want to combine an order & split the postage & import costs.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Can anyone shed any light?
Not an expert in Japanese but my PC's translator says this Cris :-

By mounting to fit the side sills, the longitudinal stiffness of the floor, torsional rigidity is improved. ***9679; Installation will require welding. Or to reduce the effect, but by using the rivet nut with special tool (nut riveter) Drill a hole in the body and can also be attached. (***8251; BNR32 will be mounted in the welding process.)
So it looks like they are made to only strengthen existing items and are not replacement sills.

HTH!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LAILE

Stiffens, not a replacement according to the english translation.

Looks like the sterling price is £59.

Definitely interested if you want to combine an order & split the postage & import costs.

Cheers,

Mark
I'd be happy with that mate. Perhaps we can work something out.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had a set of these on a different car, (albeit one that was known for a lack of structural integrity) a 1988 Ford Mustang 5.0. It made a huge difference in the feel of the car, as I noticed it as soon as I sat down in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts