GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at the bottom of the radiator there is a switch with 2 wires coming of it, what is it an where do the wires go !!!

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
its a nismo built car so its got a nismo rad. However there are no spare plugs or wires so i guess it never had a switch there. There is a switch on the aircon rad tho if i remember correct but defo not on the water rad.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so basicly an after market rad comes with hole for rad switch which is used (if need be) for aftermarket electric fans !! can someone confirm this for me please , regards dave

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
no, my water rad fan has no hole for a switch at all.

I dont know about 32 33 etc. Again mine is a nismo bulit car also so maybe deleted by nismo? i dont know.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so basicly an after market rad comes with hole for rad switch which is used (if need be) for aftermarket electric fans !! can someone confirm this for me please , regards dave
well thats wrong. just looked at standard rad an it does have switch
CONFUSED

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
well thats wrong. just looked at standard rad an it does have switch
CONFUSED
LOL, so am i! Guess mine is different being a nismo rad then? But im also missing any wiring that should be there? Unless they have moved the sensor else where for a different sensor ? Hence i have no left over wires/plugs?

Thinking about it, i dont think i have ever heard the electric fan turn on before. I will have to have a good look into it. The front end is off my car at the moment so i can see everything in there.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The R32 and R33 have the switch in the radiator to switch the aircon fan on if the water temp gets too high. The R34 switches it via the ecu so does not have a temp switch in the rad.

Richard

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The R32 and R33 have the switch in the radiator to switch the aircon fan on if the water temp gets too high. The R34 switches it via the ecu so does not have a temp switch in the rad.

Richard
Thank you very much,,, no more confusment lol
cheers bud

1 - 15 of 15 Posts