GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my first mod arrived today. It's a carbon rear wing (inc 3rd brake light) by Japspeed.

Looks to be a great finish (mmmm carbon :cool:) should hopefully be a straight swap, I'll update on Saturday as I should have the car by then..............!!!

The weave looks good and even, I've not seen a single blemish (which is nice)
My only slight grumble was that I feel there should be gromets on the underside return edges where the 'legs' are bolted on, just to finish it off. They're not seen but can be felt. Also all the bolts needed tightening up a little but I'll probably loose fit then apply threadlock and retighten.

The next image shows the holes that I'm concerned about. One with a gromet I found that'll suffice.

Closeup......

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yea i see what you mean about the holes, grommets would work and guess you couldn't see them unless you were looking for them underneath.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Looking good, I have a severe carbon fetish too!

Have fun removing the oem spoiler, the centre piece is welded on with foam backed adheasive. I removed it with a scalpel cutting and slowly pulling it away.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I collected the car yesterday and what a disappointment. .................

It rained the whole day. I used a full tank of fuel pissing about in the wet. Still bags of grip though :cool:

Been out today, got it valeted first thing then spent the day pissing about in the wet. There's a pattern here !!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts