GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks for a fantastic day. So much to cram in so next year will definitely be doing the whole weekend. Can't believe that so few people go to this one of a kind event.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
A rather sad end to the weekend, Denis Welch was unfortunately fatally injured in the Pre 61 GP race on Sun afternoon. I have been told the car overturned and the roll hoop collapsed.
As an event, apart from this incident, it was a superb experience. Three days of excellent racing, some amazing cars on display and an excellent GTROC stand. I will post some photographs of the event tomorrow but my thoughts and condolences are with Denis' family at this sad time.

·
Registered
558 Posts
All our thoughts and condolences are with Denis Welch's family and friends.

Thank you all who helped and attended The Silverstone Classic this Year.
You all know who you are!
Some travelled hundreds of miles to be there and some for only one day and we hope you all enjoyed the experience.
Nice to see four 32,s together and the fifth virtual one which had morphed into a Z4. Straight 6, twin turbo passed the test but the bodywork did not!
Hope to see you all next Year and to find that others will want to come as well?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Had a great Sunday! The Mrs enjoyed far more than she thought she would, so that was good!

Thank to Ross & Penny for the bacon sarnie & coffees.

Mark

·
Executive Club Member
99 Posts
A rather sad end to the weekend, Denis Welch was unfortunately fatally injured in the Pre 61 GP race on Sun afternoon. I have been told the car overturned and the roll hoop collapsed.
As an event, apart from this incident, it was a superb experience. Three days of excellent racing, some amazing cars on display and an excellent GTROC stand. I will post some photographs of the event tomorrow but my thoughts and condolences are with Denis' family at this sad time.

Can Sharon and I echo the thoughts about this sad news.
Very saddened to learn of it.

We had a good time, many thanks to Ross for the organisation, Penny for the bacon butties (yummmm) and a real pleasure to see some friends again, from a few years ago.
All the cars looked good and were well presented.
As soon as I get home will generate some video wih added photos by Sharon.
See you next year.
Sharon & Ray.
aka VeeDeeCee1 and the X1/9 driver.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Could not make the event myself but a HUGE thank you to Ross for arranging and managing the GTROC stand at this event for another year. Looking fantastic and some hard standing too - nice :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
The next Nissan Academy winner?

Dear Mr Lawless,
Thank you for letting me test your GT1 car. I may be wrong but the brake bias needs moving to the back one turn.
Elliot. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
nice one Barry: :wavey:,always best to start young:chuckle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts