GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ladies & Gentleman it gives me great pleasure to announce (without the four weeks rush this time :chuckle:) of announcing that the GTROC has for the second year running been invited to attend this this prestigious event for the FIA GT CHAMPIONSHIPS :thumbsup:

Silverstone's legendary curves will resonate to the thundering sound of the world's finest supercars as tens of millions of pounds worth of cars do battle over what promises to be a spectacular weekend of racing & fan events. Whether you're a supercar owner or a supercar fan, there's no finer way to see these beautiful creations being put through their paces at one of the world's most historic & challenging race circuits. As in previous years, the weekend's defining moment will be the first round of the FIA GT Championship in which the world's finest GT1 & GT2 teams & drivers go head to head. Aston Martin, Nissan, Corvette, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Porsche, Saleen: such evocative names, such beautiful cars & all racing for ultimate glory at Silverstone. Not only does the Silverstone Supercar act as the first round of the 2010 FIA GT Championship, but the winners of that first race will also take home the historic & coveted Royal Automobile Club Tourist Trophy which has in the past been won by such legends as Sir Stirling Moss, Graham Hill and Derek Bell.

A WORD OF WARNING - Last year this event proved to be very popular so I do advise that you to get in "FAST" & purchase your ticket for this event to guarantee your place. Last year we ran out of tickets with many people still wanting to attend & as this year we have the full amount of preparation time I won't be able to pull any last minute wonders for people that I did last year! Tickets & stand space will be limited so you have been warned.

This year the GTROC will be there to support SUMO POWER OFFICIAL NISMO GT1 TEAM who will be racing their R35 GTR as unveiled at AUTOSPORT. Your tickets this year will give you access to the following :

• FIA GT1 World Championship
• FIA GT2 & 3 European Championships
• British F3 International
• 1st Race Meeting on the NEW Arena GP Circuit
• Free paddock access
• Free grandstands
• Free entry for accompanied children (under15)
• Club Stands
• Trade Stalls
• Automobilia
• Entertainment Zone

…and much more! The dates for this event is Saturday 01st of May & Sunday 02nd May 2010 so make sure you check your diary & get your names down. The GTROC will be given an exclusive Club display area located in the centre of the circuit with signage & space for our Skylines & GTR's. The tickets are valid for both days & includes everything mentioned above & are priced as follows :

DRIVER TICKET (inc stand pass) - £17.50.
PASSENGER TICKET - £17.50

Remembering from the challenges we had last year if you wish to come along & put your Skyline or GTR on the Club stand then please put your forum name below & how many tickets you require for your passengers. When ordering through the club shop 'PLEASE' make sure you purchase the correct number of tickets which will be sent via recorded delivery to the address you specify. Neither SILVERSTONE nor the GTROC will be responsible for incorrectly booked numbers of tickets or those that are lost as there will be no refunds. As I get updates & more information on this event I will post it on this thread so please keep yourselves updated. So to make it clear an example for the driver of an R32 GTR with two passengers would be :

00. EXAMPLER32DRIVER - R32 GTR - +2

FIA GT CHAMPIONSHIPS GTROC CLUB STAND :

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Sadly being based in NZ I cant make this but that is a great pic.
Any chance of a hi res?
Sadly it's a Nissan copyright picture and was only available on a special website when Gigawave were running the Team last year.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Daft question, but which day is the GT1 running on?

Im guessing qualifying saturday and racing sunday?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Daft question, but which day is the GT1 running on?

Im guessing qualifying saturday and racing sunday?
YES, spot on.

-------------

Reading somewhere that SUMO paid Nissan £6million to race the cars? Is this correct?

Usually it's the other way round, Nissan pays Sumo.

That is a lot of cash to burn on motorsport. Guess they are making some serious money elsewhere to do this.

Been to the last few GT events at Silverstone its a great day out. Also attended the Press day a couple of years ago.

Official Site of FIA GT Championship

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When people have paid can they please update the list - fankoo :thumbsup:

01. Zed Ed - R35 GTR +1

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hmmm, Im being sent to Sweden on the 4th to work. Its gonna be cutting it fine but will do my best to get the time off work so I can go to this.

·
Registered
193 Posts

01. Zed Ed - R35 GTR +1
02. C2 VXT - R35 GTR + 1 + Kids - 2nd May Only

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your ticket is valid for both days so no problems if you can only make one day :thumbsup:

01. Zed Ed - R35 GTR +1

·
Registered
26,315 Posts

01. Zed Ed - R35 GTR +1
03. Fuggles

·
Registered
342 Posts
01. Zed Ed - R35 GTR +1
03. Fuggles
04. GTRAM - R35 + a kid - Probably Sunday only

Do we need to register the kids at all or just bring them along?
Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do we need to register the kids at all or just bring them along?
Nope, as long as there in the 'free' age bracket just bring them along my man :thumbsup:

01. Zed Ed - R35 GTR +1
02. C2 VXT - R35 GTR + 1 - 02nd May only
03. Fuggles - ???
04. GTRAM - R35 GTR - Probably Sunday only

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looking at last years programme there was also a fair bit going on on the Friday, is this the case again this year as I could perhaps do Friday and Sunday

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will be there in the Chevy if they will let us bring the Unit in.
I'll double check this but this should be fine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Do people have any plans for the Saturday night? Staying nearby or camping. would be nice to meet up if so rather than travel backwards and forwards.

AM

·
Registered
50 Posts
FIA GT CHAMPIONSHIPS

01. Zed Ed - R35 GTR +1
03. Fuggles - ???
05. Eye-bot - R33 GTR + 2 - Both Days

Looking forward to it again this year. I loved it last year and I got some of my pics used in the club magazine, result.:blahblah:

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts

01. Zed Ed - R35 GTR +1
03. Fuggles - ???
05. Eye-bot - R33 GTR + 2 - Both Days
06. Paul Creed - R33 GTSt + kids (possibly if they behave) - Sunday only

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
Status