GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that wimped out because they thought the weather in December would be cold, wet, icy and snowy - you missed a fabulous track event.

In total there were 13 R35 GT-R's and as usual Silverstone did us proud with 5 garages free of charge, meal vouchers, and for some of us an experience in the Silverstone Snoozebox's and a great meal at the Green Man.

What a great day to finish off the 2013 GTROC track day calendar.

A few red flags but as usual we didn't cause any, and were the fastest group out there including the Ferrari Corse who had some amazing machinery.

Soon showed the owner of a McLaren MP4 12c what he should have bought as we totally annihilated him round the circuit.

No doubt Barry.P will be posting up some pictures along with Ed Horner.

Thank you all for making the 2013 Silverstone Track Days such a success as they take a bit of organising but always worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Excellent day John, thankyou for organising, weather was great (alittle slippery in the morning), but got warmer as the sun came out. Great to meet fellow GTR owners, nice range of cars too, Jake's tuition was a hoot too! brilliant way to end 2013 :)

Lovely pics Barry!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
I admit it I wimped out thinking it would be black ice again.
Looks like you had a great weekend will be at the next one:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I admit it I wimped out thinking it would be black ice again.
Looks like you had a great weekend will be at the next one:thumbsup:
You missed a classic Paul with plenty of track time and incredible weather. There were some really quick laps done by some, especially ants101

utterly gutted i couldn't make it !!
When I first heard this morning about Paul Walker I thought the worst. Instead it was the second worst and I am relieved. You had to work and your absence from Silverstone was noted. However, they are quite strict over behaviour and if pushed, I would have said that you might have been at the top of the list for having your wristband removed!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
You missed a classic Paul with plenty of track time and incredible weather. There were some really quick laps done by some, especially ants101

When I first heard this morning about Paul Walker I thought the worst. Instead it was the second worst and I am relieved. You had to work and your absence from Silverstone was noted. However, they are quite strict over behaviour and if pushed, I would have said that you might have been at the top of the list for having your wristband removed!
Worth while I guess as the car in question has probably undergone one of our biggest makeovers yet

Re wrist band removal I shouldn't be held responsible for poor manners by beetle drivers who take great pleasure in going straight quickly and akin to an old lady in the corners taking offence to being overtaken "gently"

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Great to meet so many new friends, thanks you all for the warm welcome. Learnt so much in so little time with jake, lovely guy, will definately do some more stuff with him next year

·
Registered
644 Posts
Weather was incredible and overall was just an amazing day ! :D Thanks a lot Jake for tuition and John for the organisation.. Great experience, now i really know the potential of the car :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Good to catch up with everyone. Barry, thanks for the pics nice to have a shot from the outside.

Looking forward to next year, I will attend a few more next year.

And no complaints of noise this time with track day silencers fitted :)

Anders

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks like it was a great day, Just wish I hadnt been in work and had leave to take :(

John I see you went for blue in the end, looks very eye catching :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts