GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We thought that it would be dry right up to 7.55am this morning - well, we were wrong and apart from a couple of half hour sessions when it eased off a bit, the entire day was VERY wet.

The positives from this are that we all learnt some new wet driving skills and Jake Hill worked with everyone to make sure we all had a safe and fun day. Martin (vernonjones) in his Atom giving passenger rides (very wet) and virtually everyone took my guests that had bid for the day as passengers for the Chiltern Air Ambulance out for many laps.

We also had a group from the British Heart foundation that also enjoyed the day and I gave them all some laps and everyone made their day with their stories and experiences.

Thank you everyone for making the whole weekend such a fantastic success from Jake Hill winning 2 races at Rockingham to the social meal in Towcester Indian restaurant with 18 of us, to the Snoozebox experience and of course the safe but quick wet trackday.I certainly enjoyed it and I hope everyone else did as well.

Any photos please post up as I didn't have time to take any, but I know Barry Pomfret took loads and many had their in board cameras working.

Here's to the next track day at Silverstone that will be announced next week.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I enjoyed the day much more than I expected, after some lessons from Jake on wet weather driving, it was much better, lots of fun sliding the car about.

Do you have any videos of you or Jake going sideways? Would be fun to see it done properly.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Well what can I say ??? Oh I know and I know you will ALL quote me - I hate Bridgestones - on a wet day !!!

I was sliding, squirming and just could not get ANY traction, I was banking on it being just a little bit dry, but no it was orribly wet and I gave up !! Never in my 20 years of track days was I so dissapointed that I could not really take part.

Thanks to those who gave me PAX laps, next time I promise to be on something other than the Bridgestones in the WET.

It is still p*ssing down here at home at 8-30pm, dog and me soaked !!!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Very good to meet you all chaps. John thanks for the organisation, Barry P for photos that aren't up yet but I saw you grafting away and Vern for the atom laps.
soaked - retaining my 100% silverstone record but a very enjoyable day nonetheless.
The MPSS were ok in the wet, as long as you didn't want any power put down with the steering anything other than at 0 degrees, and aquaplaning on standing water whe overtaking offline was a bit of a ring loosener.
That said Young Bob seemed to cope better than me..... Hmmm

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Very good to meet you all chaps. John thanks for the organisation, Barry P for photos that aren't up yet but I saw you grafting away and Vern for the atom laps.
soaked - retaining my 100% silverstone record but a very enjoyable day nonetheless.
The MPSS were ok in the wet, as long as you didn't want any power put down with the steering anything other than at 0 degrees, and aquaplaning on standing water whe overtaking offline was a bit of a ring loosener.
That said Young Bob seemed to cope better than me..... Hmmm
Wow and not one dig at the Bridgestones LOL:chuckle:

Yep, we now have someone to blame for the weather YOU !!!:banned:

Yep, thank you young Bob for the go in the green beetle !!! You never know what the future holds !!!:bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Pictures from todays rather damp Silverstone. these are mainly GTROC related, I'll post a thread on the MLR tomorrow with the rest and a link to that thread from here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Really good day, great to meet everyone :wavey:, despite the horrible weather and my bad health, must remember not to work on the car, night before trackday!:nervous:

Really want to do a silverstone day in the complete dry!:runaway:

Excellent pics Barry! am really missing my GTR!:bawling:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great to meet everyone, shame about the weather as RWD was a handful, drown my sorrows last night and feeling fragile this morning. Looking forward to the next one.
Big thanks to John for organising the event.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts