GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything in the single turbo department seems to be geared for BIG power - T04R, T51, T88 etc etc.

I would like a single, but without the horrendously high boost threshold you normally get with a oversized truck turbo. Its still gonna be on a 2.6. I would like decent boost by 4000rpm like my old N1 setup was. What would anyone recommend? Doesnt have to be a kit, just the turbo will do :)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Everybody normally sticks to twins at that level due mainly to the cost, i.e. all you need if turbos, not manifold etc......

Biggest available GT30 will just about do that power, if not a GT35. They are lovely turbo's with a very low boost threshold and little lag.

Have gone this sort of tubo on GTS's and they work flawlessly. But you (obviously) need manifold, down pipe, external wastegate, intake piping etc...

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much is one likely to be? Four figures I bet :bawling:

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Like ive said all along matey, GT30R or GT35R.

Both will spool up out of nothing on a well mapped 2.6, GT30Rs give good power from 3500 on even on 2litre Cossie engines, never mind having over 500cc more.
GT30R is good for about 500bhp.
TBH id be suprised if it dont spool WAY faster than your N1s did.

GT35R with a .86 housing or similar should spool nicely and give big power all the way to the redline too.

BTW, even your turbo will spool a lot faster after some good mapping (has it been mapped yet? I forget).

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
m6beg said:
To4z mate.

this is what Danoh said would be his choice for a single set up

he showed me a map he had done on one of these turbo's

the T04Z spooled quicker than my GT-SS ones :eek: :eek: :eek:

obviously after Danoh had fiddled with his ZX81 :chuckle: :chuckle: :bowdown1:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Something that doesnt cost several squillion pounds :p

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want a single for several reasons:

1. Cost of fixing one turbo instead of two
2. Ease and speed of working around one turbo instead of two
3. Sound of screamer pipe :clap:
4. Dont want to do what everybody else does

:)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am doing the same thing that you are. I have no idea how moded your 2.6 is but i am looking at 500hp for mine. I am going with a garret to4z. same as hks but much less cash involved. Plus it gives you scope for much more power. The other choice is an ITS GT60-1. They are a US brand turbo and are very affordable. I have seen a dyno graph of a 2.6L gtr with one that got to 500hp by 5500rpm and held it flat all the way to 8000. you get great power by 3500rpm. Plus they are the only dual ball bearing turbo that i know of thats completely rebuildable. In AUS a kit with exhaust manifold wastegate turbo and dump will set you back no more than AUD4000. I think it works out to be about 1500 pounds.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I am about to put a proper advert up, but for peeps interested in single turbo coversions etc I have a T4 flange manifold suitable for external wastegate made by xs engineering. Top piece of kit, heavy and well made. £350 + postage (in brand new condition)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts