GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sixth National Skyline meet is on! In association with Future Publishing, and The Organisation Limited the National Skyline Meet is being held at JapfestII. Yep, this really is going to be the Skyline event of the year! As well as the usual opportunity to stand around and chat and for us to mingle, club to club to club, enthusiasts and members, there will also be the chance to take part in a huge parade of Skylines on the Donnington track!

This event is not a GTROC or Skyline Owners Club event; it is a National Skyline Meet for any Skyline owner to attend.

The event will take place on Saturday 30 September. We want to see as many cars there as possible and have planned a huge display. Not only will we be able to promote the cars we love to a huge army of the general public and to other car clubs and enthusiasts but we will also have the opportunity to have a drive by, on the track, watched by everyone at JapfestII. We want 100 cars on track - the most ever seen at any one time anywhere in the world! A camera car will be with us to record the great event as we parade around the track two abreast at speeds up to 100mph (hopefully) old skool, then R32s, R33s, R34s and GTs. For obvious reasons there will be a briefing in the morning at the combined GTROC/Skyline Owners Club stand, but that's only to prepare us for one hell of a lunchtime display! Hell - who needs the Red Arrows???

For Skylines on the stand and for the National Skyline meet tickets and passes must be bought through The Organisation Limited ([email protected]) Entrance price would normally be £6 in advance of £8 on the day for Japfest II, but the rate for this event all Skylines at the National Skyline Meet at JapfestII the charge will be only £5 per person, thanks to The Organisation Limited. When you consider last year we each paid a fiver to stand around in a cold car park in Donnington, this is a much better deal.

A Show ‘n’ Shine competition will be held on the day with any car on the National Skyline meet stand eligible for votes.

To make sure we only have Skyline's in the parade and on the main display stand and to make sure we get the layout right all payments will need to be accompanied with a form. The form can be found here: http://www.the-organisation.org/Book2006.doc

So that's it:
Name,
Address,
Marque of car,
Colour of car,

- just add your name to the list, fill in the blanks on the form and post it off to the address at the bottom of the form and we'll see you on 30 September!

We must have numbers confirmed a week before, so make sure you get the form sent in with payment no later than Sunday 24 September

Watch out for more announcements as we get nearer the event.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The trouble with Donnington is it's near East Midlands airport which makes alll the hotels expensive. However there is a cheap travellers lodge nearby if that helps. If there's enough interest I'll see if we can get a deal

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
It depends really on how long it goes on all day etc as I don't have issues driving home, but a hotel would have been nice :)

What is the general format etc? I.e. what time do we have to arrive to be associated with GTROC?

If you’re on the stand do you not get to be part of the parade? or does the parade consist of people only attached to the joint stand? (I ask, because the parade thing sounds like a lot of fun, and I guess if there is a camera car there then it will be nice to get some memorabilia footage)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's for everyone :) :)
whether you're a member of a club or not it's all the same. Same price, same parade, same SnS, etc. :) :)

LIST
Stealth
Dale Harrison
Fuggles

·
Ol' School GTROC
636 Posts
i'm glad i didn't miss it....i'm there. and i'm paying my fiver to take part in the drive....

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
So if I'm booking with the form above, and I am bringing GF also, i'll just send off the form with my details filled in with a cheque for £10 and that will get me into the show and onto the Skyline stand and into the parade?

Thanks John,

Dale.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
can't edit last post,so made a new one

few questions:

to drive on the track for the parade,are helmets needed?
how fast will we go around the corners,as i've near been around a track before?
guessing track insurance is my choice?
lastly,how many laps will we do?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JapFreak786 said:
few questions:

to drive on the track for the parade,are helmets needed?
how fast will we go around the corners,as i've near been around a track before?
guessing track insurance is my choice?
lastly,how many laps will we do?
No as it's a parade/drive by not a track session
It will be relatively moderate and we wont be 'hooning it round'
Not needed unless you consider yourself a liability driving at 100mph in straight lines and 40mph round bends
Dunno (yet)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The sixth National Skyline Meet is being held at Japfest II.
In addition to the usual activities and the others we have arranged for you, Japfest II will see the final round of this year's Time Attack Championship!

With Skylines performing well across the board:
Robbie Thornton - 4th in the Tuner Class
David Harrison - 10th in the Tuner Class
Peter Everett - 2nd in the Club Challenge
Darren Bly - 4th in the Club Challenge
...... this really will be a great opportunity to come along and support your fellow owners/drivers at the Time Attack Finals!

This year Time attack has been held at Silverstone, Rockingham and Knockhill to find the very best Time Attack drivers and cars. So to finish off it returns to Donnington where the warm up event was held. Donnington is a well respected and challenging circuit so it should be a great end to a rollercoaster year for the series. And don't forget you will be in the parade lap on the track that will be used by the Time Attack finalists!

So come along and join the sixth National Skyline meet and also support the four Skylines in this years Time Attack finals

If you want to find out more visit the website: www.timeattack.co.uk

See you there!

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
ah thats ok,going throught corners shouldn't be a problem at all,and i've driven at speeds over 100mph (all private of course)

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
please add my name to the list please i should have my car back for then.:clap: NISMOMAN

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
LIST so far
Stealth
Dale Harrison
Fuggles
Madsteve
Jumpman023
Japfreak786
Renton (Redline)
Hissingsyd
Spoons
Nismoman
moleman - provisional, as I get back from holiday early AM.

1 - 20 of 472 Posts