GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys my R33 GTR has R34 Brembos on her and the discs need replacing so the question is would the discs be R33 items or R34 , or are they the same size /.
Thanks in advance

Andy

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Hi Andy,

They are the same. 324mm in diameter on the front & 300mm on the rear.

Can do you a good price on some EBC Turbo Grooved if you are interested?:chuckle:

Dave.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much ?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Fronts £200.00 Rears £150.00

Including Vat & next working day UK delivery, In stock!

Extra discount available if buying both front & rear or pads;)

Dave.

·
Banned
336 Posts
EBCs are known to warp, I had my disk warp after a track day Seems like thei products are utter crap, inc their pads.

Had no such problems with my project mu disks. Also DBA suppose to be good.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Agreed:)

Regardless of pad composition, if both disc and pad are not properly broken in, material transfer between the two materials can take place in a random fashion - resulting is uneven deposits and vibration under braking. Similarly, even if the brakes are properly broken, if, when they are very hot or following a single long stop from high speed, the brakes are kept applied after the vehicle comes to a complete stop it is possible to leave a telltale deposit behind that looks like the outline of a pad. This kind of deposit is called pad imprinting and looks like the pad was inked for printing like a stamp and then set on the disc face. It is possible to see the perfect outline of the pad on the disc.
Most of the time wobbling steering under hard braking can be fixed by following the bedding in rule on the article linked above (unless the brakes are knackered!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts