GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Just booked up my Skiing trip ......anyone been ? Any advise as I am a Ski virgin .... :eek:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yes, it's a great place to go - hope you've got plenty of cash for Dick's Tea Bar etc... Maybe not the greatest place to start as the runs are fairly aggressively rated - a lot of the greens would be blues, blues reds and so on elsewhere. By the end of the week you should try to make it down La Face Olympic run into the village :D

Phil

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Hi mate,

Excellent place to ski. Once you've mastered the ski's try snowboarding. I found a lot more fun...at least your legs will go in the same direction ;)

Have an excellent time! :cool:

Claire

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Would agree with the bit about hard slopes!!!!

lovely place to ski
very picturesque and great apres ski too and yes a visit to dicks for "tea"
is always good :D

am going to swiss alps somewhere this year for my hols !!
Love the ski scene

JAY

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers for feedback guys ...

Thinks its going to mainly snowboarding anyway as going with 4 boarder nutters ..... so should be cool

Snowgasm.... where have I seen that name before ??? Was it on a Snowboarding forum?

One more question ..... do you think I should hire all the gear ... or buy at least the jacket, sallopettes etc...

Already have goggles, gloves, wolley hat, etc....

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm going as well !! yeah man !! I cant wait mate, gonna have a top laugh.

BTW I've been reading through that ABC of snowboarding thing, so I will be fully researched and knowledgable by the time we go, and lets sort out the dry slope practicing asap dude !

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Ok.... here is some advice.. Buy all the clothing coz you dont know where hired stuff has been :D ... If i were you i wouldnt buy any boots at this stage coz you dont know if you are going to stick with ski's or a board.Personally i preffer boarding an you can lean a lot more and near enough have your body parralel with the ground....Too much and you grate your face :D :D Once you have decided what you like and go again then buy boots, I have ski boots and board boots as they were made especially for my feet and dont get aches and pains as with hired stuff. If i were you DONT to a dry slope. Try finding an indoor slope with real snow. I think there is one in Milton Keynes. Make sure you go 3 or 4 times. Only reason why i say dont go to a dry slope is that there is a HUUUGE difference between dry stuff and the real macoy. Hope you enjoy boys. Only wish i could come with you.

Regards

Gez

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Stayed at Tignes Last year and skied across a few times. Dont do the Face once you get off the First goat run bit you get to a edge of a slope as high as a block of flats very steep. Walked into a bar after skiing it and was smoking like a race horse on a cold day :eek: I am off to Italy in Two days time Passo Tonale.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nismoalex said:
Snowgasm.... where have I seen that name before ??? Was it on a Snowboarding forum?
Could very well be...... I am active on (mostly dutch) snowboard forums now and then. I use this alias on all boards I post on.

btw... I'd advice you to buy only small stuff at first (like snowgoggles and gloves (you NEED good gloves, believe me!!). I have used a sweater and a fleece sweater over eachother the first few times. It's cheap and if you do not know for sure you are going to go boarding/skiing a lot, you should not invest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts