GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:chuckle: Alright lads i have a R33 2.5gtst syline and i want 2 convert it to a GTR iam lookin to see what would i need to do such a thing and what would be te best way to go about the change over and would eny one have the parts to do so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine is blowin in it at the momment and in sted of puttin a new gtst engine in i was goin for the real thing and id do all the converting my self so there would be no labour cost s

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've got lots of GTR engine parts, although I'm not sure which and how many parts would fit a RB25DET.

I think the pistons and conrods will fit after a new bore and some honing. If it turns out the manifolds fit I've got basically all you need for the engine. I've got a sales thread in the Parts 4 Sale section of the forum.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i do think if you were planing to make it 4wd then it would cost more than just buying a gtr, if on the other hand you were just going to drop in an rb26dett and leave it rwd then it would be eisier, the only but that would need actually modifying would be the sump, other than that just require uprated clutch for the rb25det gearbox, ecu, engine wiring loom, then just buy the engine as a lump with all ancillaries still bolted on and mounted on the subframe, should be able to do conversion in less than a week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts