15) TOP SECRET Carbon Brake Pad

According to them,with all this mods the car will pump out 400hp

Are there any better recommendations?
Let me know what you think of it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maybe you should get the brakes line change to the steel braided type as it does not cost much as well as thinking about changing the suspension if you have not done already.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The Head-Gasket is to thin for 400hp. I would recommend changing the cams aswell for anything over 300hp. Don't forget a clutch to hold the power, the standard clutch won't last long over 300+hp.

Jason.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The same that you got your upgrade package from (i am quite sure of that by looking at your parts list - the same garage takes care/upgrades my GTR34 (400+ HP):D and GTt34 (approx - 310HP):eek:.

The GTt you have is the automotic type with a semi-automatic option i.e. 4 speed semi-automatics with buttoms on the steering wheel?

As jrpidgeon points out new cams for a 400BHP car would be ideal, but using FCON Pro, I understand that you can get to 400Hp without new cams. I think Lester may have to do something with the Torque converter, but you better ask him directly.

Ideally, for the brakes, I would change the fronts caliper and rotors to the Brembo ones the GTR (the garage in question has done this for other GTs (2 and 4 door types). Ask the garage about this, because there may be some good conditions ones around as alot of the GTR34 guys in Singapore have gone for 6 pot AP's and left the old 4 pot Brembos at the Garage. He may need to retune the ABS, but again ask him about this.

In fact there are a couple of GTs and GTts in Singapore with those type of mods as recommended to you. A good example is a silver 4 door GT in Singapore done by the same garage with the same set up as they are recommending to you (including the GTR brakes, Arc Waterspray sytem and HKS Hypermax Pro Suspension) running 1.2 bar boost with a big turbo with FCON PRO and it really blasts around the track at Sepang - very impressive- good thing is that the garage can use the same FCON PRO maps for your car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D Yup thats my car the one with 4speed tiptronic gearbox and buttons on the steering wheel. Gonna pop by there this Sat to chat with Lester.

Just wondering all these modifications,does it conform with LTA's annual car inspection? How u guys "get away" from it?

Do u know guy who owns the the Silver GT 4dr Skyline? I want to ask for his experience with modded Skyline?

Thanks in advance man!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jrpidgeon said:
The Head-Gasket is to thin for 400hp. I would recommend changing the cams aswell for anything over 300hp. Don't forget a clutch to hold the power, the standard clutch won't last long over 300+hp.

Jason.
Thanks Jason for the recommendations!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just ask lester for the name of the silver skyline owner, if you pop-by to the garage enough, you will run into some of us. I may be there this Saturday, as have to change oil from the track day last weekend.

As for the LTA Inspections - My first one inspection is still 20 months away at its 3rd B'day but there are 2 choices 1. Pay Lester to bring you car for inspection and he will settle it or 2. Put back the Originals parts, mainly the exhaust especially the cat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woah ok. Thanks for the info man!

Btw do you know roughly how many Skyline Owners are there in S'pore?

Do we have a Club Skyline here?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Skyline Population

I understand that there are for GTR's 10 R34 V-Spec, 1 V-spec 2, 3 or 4 R33 and 2-3 R32.

For GTS (Turbo Version) 10 where brought in with 4 2 door and 6 4 door models.

I understand that there is No official skyline club here, but we all hang out at Lesters from tiem to time to watch Japanese Tuning Videos, Track Videos or Drag Videos.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By any chance your GTR is black color? Went down to the garage today and saw two 25GT-ts going under serious mods.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try playing around with the fuel/air mixture thingo's, normally most nissan's run extremely rich, and there is a fair ammount of power to be found there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts