GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been covered before but I thought I'd resurrect it for any new folks...

What's the strangest/most surprising/shocking non-driving experience you've had during ownership of a Skyline?

For me it was probably when pulling into a multi-storey I got stuck at a junction and a congregation of teenagers gathered around egging me up to wheelspin it/rev it away :rolleyes: .. despite the fact the speed limit was 5 mph, and it was a 90 degree junction with high-sided kerbs on a road about 4 inches wider than the car itself. Needless to say I didn't oblige.. :)

Or yesterday when I went into a local McDonalds, parked up, got some food and was surprised to see people pulling in, getting beside the car and stopping for about 30 seconds before continuing on..

Someone shouted "Gran Turismo!" at me once in the local town centre too.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Weirdest thing that happened to me was a colleague at work who stopped me and commented on my car, then went on to tell me all about his Skyline, after about 15 minutes of enthusiastic information exchange, I asked why I had never seen his car.

His reply,

"Mines is on Gran Turismo"

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I pulled up at some lights once in my local town...

and there must have been 4 lads. one nudges the others and yells skyline!!! so 2 of them wander into the road and start bowing to the car and holding up the traffic. girl in car was like..what the hell is going on...are you famous??

Also I went past a load of jap students at the uni nearby and one of them shouted and pointed out "GODZILLA!!"
Well it actually came out as "GODSCHIWA"

I did have to smile at that one and gave them a dose of RB26 up the raod as it was clear. they loved it and all cheered and waved.

NLW

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Driving through Crawley town centre one saturday with a few mates in the car...

There is a line of lads all following one another across the road they crossed safely then the kiddie in front heard my car burbling along and looked round with his gob wide open, the other lads with him all did the same then the all walked into each other as the one in front had stopped !!

me mates pissed themselves..

I had a similar experience to Nick with this young lad who used to do the old Muslim prayer bit every time I drove past him.

WHen I had the sun visor with fast as fcuk on it the old biddies uosed to give me such filthy looks for having such outrageous swearwords on my car ;)

There are loads more but the line of boys walking into one another was the best so far.

/Steve

·
Registered
166 Posts
On the way to work, got to some traffic lights and mine were on red.
A young driver was coming across the lights in front of me to turn right and instead of looking at what cars were approaching from the other direction he proceeded to turn right whilst looking left at the skyline.
Oops... big mistake as a metro came the other way and slammed into him.
No injuries though, just looked like a complete pratt.

Also had a race off the lights with a landrover in 6" of snow, his mates were really taking the piss expecting to leave me behind..... until he lost.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Crunch

Last Saturday the chap in front of me crashed into the car in front(His mate :eek: ) as he was looking at my car in the rear view. His mate didn't look pleased at the both got out of their cars but they both gave me the thumbs up as I drove buy and enquired if they were ok. Didn't really give a shi* to be honest just thought I'd have a laugh.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just driving along when...

I got the ‘we’re not worthy’ bow at the Nuerburgring 24hr racing as I drove by the camping platz at 2am from dozens of race fans. :D

I also had a Japanese ‘bloke’ tap on my window one day as I pulled up at a light close to Heidelberg railway station, He asked me “do you Speak Engrish?” to which I replied “does a fish swim?” anyway I pulled up at a near by bus stop he then called over the rest of his group of about 20 Japanese tourists to take pictures and answer their questions mostly about how I got the know about the Skyline GT-R and what’s it like on German autobahns etc.

From the enthusiastic reaction of these people the GT-R most be some big cult car in Japan :cool: or they all work for Nissan.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have also had a "run in" with the local plod

as well. and this is gospel.

Crusing thru town and Panda flies up next to me. I am like shit what's up. exhaust too loud? Flames out the back again??
Nope. Winds down the window, leans over and says pull up over there mate and let's have a butchers.

He was about my age, said he just f*@kin loves the skylines and looking for a move to traffic soon. real petrol head and was all over the RB like a rash. It just sprung out at him as they do when you open the bonnet. "Shit cakes" was his reaction.

So I asked if he wanted a run but no time. But he did say make sure you light her up and give it some down the road...my blessin of course.

So I was near a tunnel area, gave him a dose of flame and RB and a big wave and smile when he caught up.
Respect to the law in TV.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I think this is probably another category (Crappest cars that try and race you) but I think it was still wierd.

Coming back from Tesco last night I pulled up behind a learner driver turning right. A few seconds later a little white Citreon AX GT pulled up behind me, complete with fat bloke wearing a baseball cap.

As I had my shopping in the passenger seat I pulled away nice and gently, and nearly gained the AX in the back seat. I speeded up as I thought I was going a bit slow. Still the thing would get off my boot. Blow the shopping I thought, dropped it into 3rd and booted it. Now I haven't had my car back for a bit so having the turbo hit .5 bar after driving a punto for 3 months is a bit of a shock so there's me holding on for dear life (thankfully I now have nice wide wheels instead of the standard 16's) with a rapidly disappearing AX in the rear mirror. At the next roundabout the AX caught up with me and the driver looked a bit embarrassed but I thought I had proved my point. I pulled away and drove off across the roundabout, just as I exited it the poor little AX came hurtling off virtually on 2 wheels and shot passed me screaming blue murder and nearly hit a vauxhall vectra in front of me, then flat spotted at the next roundabout down the road scaring the sh1t out of the driver and the bloke on the roundabout.

Some people just don't know when they are beat !

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
this is weird too....was cooking my tea tonight and there was a knock at the front door, my flat mate answers it and comes back saying, there is a little girl asking for the owner of the skyline....I go out and there are two girls all of 12yrs.....apparently her step dad has one.....yellow.....very weird conversation ensues and she starts telling me which race track is her favourate!!!!! bless her!!!! so, stepdad......SteveRiches.....your training her well!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Just dropped a friend off at Terminal 3 Heathrow today and was on the way home and slowing down for traffic ahead. The Primera behind bumped into my rear.
I got out to see if there was any damage and luckily there was none. The other Nissan driver and his mate got out and sheepishly apologised and explained that they were both so engrossed in looking at my car that neither realise what had happened until it was too late!!

Over attraction or what!?

Vincent

·
Supraman
148 Posts
It's not just Skylines that get it! Had a few funnies myself.

Had a whole car of BBC wearing yoofs nearly run a red light into a flow of traffic as the were looking at the car.

I get heads turning every time I drive it (full de-cat Nur Spec R with baffle out :D)

Had some bloke come up to me in a petrol station and ask me a few things about the car - he was amazed to find out it was a lowly Toyota - he'd thought it was a Lotus! :confused:

Another bloke at Lakeside asked me how fast it could go - and wondered if it could do over 200mph! I wish...

Got a point, wave and cheer from some (you guessed it) Japanese tourists.

While parked up in local town centre, me in pub across street keeping an eye on it, saw some blokes out for the night having a look - and one fell over while leaning over to look in the exhaust :D (Musta been a 'bit' pissed)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great stories!

Had the same experiences as at least 80% of them!

'Is it as good as Jeremy Clarkson says they are?' and

'That's my dream car, any chance of a spin around the block?' and

'I've got xxxbhp in Gran Turismo on mine' and

'So, EVO never actually gave any performance figs for their Godzilla; how fast is it?' and

'NO WAY!' and

'I can't believe what I'm seeing' (neighbours kid when I first got it) and ...... and ...... and ......

Don't seem to get the same responses when I drive the faithful Volvo Estate around:D

Gotta love it!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
CLK 55AMG MUST BE HAVIN A LAUGH...

Coming back from west end couple of weeks back i was stopped at a set of lights when this merc pulled up next to me, he winds down his window and asks me what car it was i said "a nissan"he then starts laughin and says "do you think you can keep up to me" i said ill try, lights turn amber i just lauched away like never before i ended up losing sight of him in my rear view mirror.When i stopped at the next lights he comes next to me i turned to look at him when i noticed his girlfriend wettin her self in laughter and he looked very p1ssed off.
Some poeple just dont no what this nissans are actually capable of doing. :D

Tony

ps: You really had to see the look on his face afterwards :D

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Nah,

Theyre not all like that, the guy I passed on the M6 last Thursday in the CLK complete with tow bar, trailer and Ultima GTR was cool.

He even gave me a wave after checking out the Skyline :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts