GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to research this, but keep coming up with nothing.

I'd really like to know if there's any difference between the bare shells between Skyline variants? ie. if I was to buy a bare R33 gts shell, would I be able to simply 'make' it into a R33 GT-R (obviously expensive, but is it do-able), or are the shells on the GT-R's different in any way, that anyone knows of. :confused: :confused:

Are they made differently?
Are they structurally different?
Are all the geometries/dimensions the same?

Just curious at this stage, but am really keen to know if some of the really knowledgeable people out there would be able to shed some light on the subject for me??:confused: :confused:

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
GTR rear arches are flared to make them wider, Look at the side with the fuel filler cap on both cars to see the difference.

Also, I know the bonnets are different but im not sure if the shell at the front end is wider or if its just the wings that are and the shell is the same.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so maybe I worded it wrong.

I'm not interested in the difference in actual bodywork, as I (believe it or not) actually know that they have different front and rear arches.

But supposing you were strip the bodywork off, are there any differences buried beneath the exterior?

hopefully that's a bit clearer (sorry but I'm very tired at the moment)lol

·
Registered
771 Posts
Totally different floorpan - more encrouchment of transmission tunnels in the gtr, got a feeling the whole rear suspension sub frame and mounting points are different too.

So no is my answer to your idea

·
Registered
553 Posts
what would a bare GTS shell cost anyway?

Simon

Same questions but for a GTR?

Also what about the Chassis?

Just thinking long term here say you bought a r32/33 in the future but had heavy rust? more economical to replace the shell than get it fixed???

Sev

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
someone offered me an R32 GTR shell for USD$5000; the shell was apparently immaculate. That might give you an idea re: shell prices....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man you guys got it tough up there. $5000??

Here in New Zealand you can get a mint r32 GTR shell for as little as $500+ or about 100 pounds. An a r32 gtst coupe for a shocking $1

and no the gtr are no different than the gtst gts. Other than other rear gurads, transfer tunnel on drivers side is bigger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.