GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been given Augusts version of the Australian autotrader, and in there are quite a few Skylines of various guises. Normally Skylines are generally cheaper there than here(that is from old Aussie mags that I have) but it seems that their prices have increased considerably. for example a R32 GTS-t 2 door in good condition is around $19,000 or around £6,000. and a R32 GTR is around £12,000 plus. It seems that these types as well as the R33 are becoming very rare in good condition, therefore the prices are likely to rise further. So I guess they are worth holding on to, classics in the making. It's about time we got classic insurance as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Useless info I know , but what the heck!.

PaulP. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey paul :)

Well no, I dont think so, I find the information useful, as im I also have been looking at skylines for a long time and at prices. and the r32's (gtr's) are at £8000+ in the uk it seems, but I dont expect it to drop much more, cause like you said in good condition they are getting rare. Must be alot of people out there just trashhing their cars and crashing them, making insurance a hell for young people... :(

Im looking into importing a crashed skyline but Im not sure that finding parts is even possible :confused:

/Casper

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skyline classics

Qnoice,
To be honest with you, You will be lucky to find a R32 GTR for £8,000. I think even a neglected one would probably go for more.
If you are looking to by a Insurance write off, then in the long run it could end up costing you more, as the parts are likely to be very costly(and hard to find). Are there regulations that you have to abide with in Denmark when registering a Skyline?.

PaulP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, fast answer :)

Well im thinking you are right, they have gone up in prices, there used to be 2 r32 gtr's for around 8k on autotrader.co.uk :)

I was toying with the thought of bringing one here, to the "taxed to death" country when it comes to cars. example, a new focus st170 costs £32.174,87.... DOH! :confused:

But bringing one here, would be as a project, not to tweak it, just to get in on the road in Denmark would be a big project here. Im thinking that I would have to pay around 6-10k £'s to get it on the road. So the project would be something like _alot_ of money :(
But im still thinking of buying a smashed one, although parts are hard to source out, it would be a huge dream of mine to have one, even just to rebuild one. Dunno this might just be dreams of mine but I wount give up on having one. Never :)

Also sent you a pm :)

/Casper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts