GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Will be nice to see, no offence to the skyline but its about time the British did something that was anygood and inhouse so to speak. By that I mean British without an outside infuluence like ford has over Jag and Aston Martin say.

Just hope the Xpower doesn't rust and have horrible little bits from a montego say like some astons have little bits of mondeo in the dash say. Also not sure on the name 'XPOWER'?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks good but could do with a few less louvres, reminds me of westerns saloon doors:p

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I dont like it .. looks too much like a Mustang SVT Cobra R .. too many holes, bits, sticky outy parts... The new Lambo, now thats the nicest looking car in a long time, nice and plain, with very little in the way of pointless holes and grilles, just those that are required to make it work...

Ladies and Gentlemen for your viewing pleasure... :D

I cannot even take the MG seriously, when elsewhere in the world, other makers come up with a thing of beauty like that... Its fantastic... :D :cool:

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Sorry but I just find that horrible. Its styled with no taste at all. Where are the clean lines, smooh flowing details....that is just a concotion of different styling ideas. They just tried too hard to impress IMO....and the riesult is pretty average.

If you want a perfectly designed car there are pleanty of people that would take the project on in Italy...that's what styling houses are for!!;) :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
It uses a Ford Mustang V8 though, so not completely british. Apparently they are having problems with the engine.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well being based on the X80 which if i remember looks the same as another Italian car:eek:, as thats what its based on I guess so it does have an italian infulence in it, lol:D I also think the engine comes from the same italian firm, but not 100% so it may be the mustang one which is a good engine as I'm sure SkylineUSA could tell us.

U have to see it from a point of view that regardless if the car is horrid at least its keeping a British tradition alive which is pretty rare these days, how many car companys are Britsih? Noble are, a few others, but all the others are owned by bigger companys.

Rover/MG nearly died a few years ago and given they may not make the best cars in the world i for one am glad to see they are doing well on the track and on the road, good luck to them:D

Also not doing bad seeing as the new owners bought it back from BMW for £1.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The X80 was or before it was acquired by the company in June 2001 as the Qvale Mangusta.

Heres a pic

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I believe the Rover uses the chassis & engine from the Mangusta. The chassis is damn good, designed by F1 engeneer Enrique Scalabroni....too bad about the stuff on top though! :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
The murcielago looks wrong in my opinion... Diablo is a classic... sooooo much better than murcielago... Btw there's no competition for the skyline in MG...

·
Registered
426 Posts
I Salute MG/Rover!!!

It takes balls to make something as mad as that :)

I think it needs tweaking in the styling dept...but it has some nice touches!!!

Apparently the design team were all given a copy of The Fast and the Furious to watch after the projects inception...

You don't get as many fins and vents on the lower spec models...they are only added when they try to extract 900Hp out of that V8.

One thing does puzzle me though....are the headlights off of the Fiat Punto???!!!

On the road whatever it isn't....it will be a car that shouts "GET THE FCUK OUTTA MY WAY!!!"

RESPECT :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts