GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Im looking to buy a skyling when I have sold my motorhome.

I want an R33 or R34 but am confused over the GTR/GTS/GTS-T etc etc bit.

Could someone either point me in the direction for explanation or give a brief outline of the difference in cosemetic/performance.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Well I can describe my R33 GTSt, If owners of other models can do the same you should end up with plenty of info for you to decide.

I have an R33 GTSt Type M, It has a 2.5 litre single turbo engine, with DOHC and Variable inlet cam timing and a rather small under wing intercooler.
Its rear wheel drive only, and as a result is rather light and very easy to get the back end out.

I have no ABS or airbags or traction controll or anything else, Which is my prefered setup, It does however have the HICAS system

The R33 has 4 Equal sized rear lights that are in close pairs

Im sure there are plenty of pics on here to show the outward details.

As far as Power to Weight is concerned I would imagine the R33 GTS and GTR in standard trim are similar the GTR having the advantage

I have highlighted things that AFAIK differ on the GTS to the other models. somebody will hopefully correct me if im wrong.

Mark.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
R32, R33, R34 determines the model (and age) of the car. With the R34 being the latest version. The best thing to do to see the differences is to go to the gallery and have a look for yourself.

Like everything this is not going to be a simple question to answer because of all the options available and because of arious limited editions etc. However, as a rough rule of thumb and a good place to start:
GTR is twin turbo 4-wheel steering, all wheel drive
GTSt/GTT is a single turbo rear wheel drive
GTS/GTV is a non turbo rear wheel drive.

......right. off to get my flame proof suit for all the people who think I have been too general in ym response :D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuggles said:
......right. off to get my flame proof suit for all the people who think I have been too general in ym response :D :D
PMSL, no thats spot on m8, I was looking at a really sexy (if cars are sexy) R33 GTS-T SPEC 2 (1996) earlier and wondered about all the GT bits.

All I knew before your post is my dream car was a R34 GTR but now I can begin to understand the differences.

Seeing as this is my long term investment after selling the motorhome Ill do some research into costs, servicing, model types etc etc.

Any suggestions welcome as Im merely window shopping at the moment while the m'home is up 4sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts