GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone interested in meeting up on the start/finish straight to watch the two R34's in the Interactive Sportscar Championship on Sunday August 5th? It looks like the entrance fee is £10 but the entry to the infield may be on top of that.
See attachment for the magazine article.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ISC demise

Thanks for the update. Donington web site still advertising meeting so will ring them. Typical, need a trip to Japan I suppose to see skylines in action.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Skylines in action.

Dave,

No need to go to Japan, just come and watch 17 or 18 in action on 1st September at our Skyline track. Apart from the action on the track, we'll be doing some top speed runs on the 1.5 mile runway. :D

Peter.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Final post

I can confirm that Donington say the meeting is off.
I asked for that reply of yours Peter didn't I?
I have got to say, If you can beat watching two race R34's, one being driven by Dirk Schoymans, then you are in the wrong job.
Donington is only a few miles from me so I can afford the petrol there.
Men and Motors. Will their coverage be in the Motors bit or in the bikini competition (strip always get cut when it is getting good) part of the show? Skyline teeny bikini competition?
That's Jason O banned from attending the day then!

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Skylines in action.

Dave,

Sorry, can't resist any opportunity. :)

I'd have to agree that it's going to be pretty unlikely that anybody attending the track day will perform anywhere near to the same skill level as Dirk Schoysman and that the 2 race 34's would have been awesome to watch. Do you know if they're likely to reschedule it?

Mmmm, I wonder if it's worth giving Dirk a call at Top Line..... Perhap he's free on the 1st?

As far as M&M is concerned, Jason will be able to get a pass as it's strictly no **ts or **ms. :(

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Racing R34's

I doubt that the series will reappear. I wonder if the cars are sitting doing nothing. If you have the contacts, give him a ring and get him to bring them to your track day. Worth a try.
Joking now---They could let other skyline drivers have a go in the race cars, wouldnt' that be nice.
serious now. We missed out on a unique opportunity and the door is open for you lot to fill it in. I ought to open paintshop pro, amend the magazine article and change skylines racing in uk to skylines track day in uk...see peter e! Enjoy on sept 1st :smokin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts