GTR Forum banner

Skyline FAQ Anyone?

864 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  GTuned 
#1 ·
I notice on this board time & time again people keep having to ask the same old questions. The different car specs, servicing, insurance, modifying, etc. etc. Can we not compile a proper Technical FAQ database of all this information and store it away on this website somewhere?? Since as emails get old the information gets lost and really difficut to sift through....

Anyone want to get the ball rolling??

#5 ·
Excellent... when I used to own an imported 300bhp MR2 Turbo a few years ago now several of the guys (myself included) bought the Workshop Manuals. My local dealer who I was friendly with (cos I spent so many thousands with them!!!) even give me a copy of the Parts CD's (unofficially) so I could look things up!

I also ended up buying the US workshop manuals at the time too because they where otherwise only available in Japanese (doh!)...

Really though, the point being is that it is a *MUST* to get hold of these workshop manuals if you truly want to understand in a deep technical (and repairable, tunable) way on the Skyline....

Sadly I just found out that both the manuals and the parts locator cd's are all in Japanese too :(

Anyone know if the R34 GT-R V-Spec Workshop manuals where ever translated from Japanese for Middlehurst??? I doubt it... I'll ask them next week when I pop in...

They owe me a spare key...

Trev

#7 ·
Manual,

A mate of mine was on a training course at nissans training centre in watford.

They were having a claer out of the old workshop manuals and threw out a load of R33 manuals He missed out because one of the other guys went in the skip and got it out !!

I believe Abbey have an english manual and they are available but they are dear.

you can get bits and pieces from the SDU web links some peope have wiring diagrams etc..

/Steve

#9 ·
Has anyone on the list ever purchased the ;

"[JPNZ43] Nissan Skyline R34 1997 on Owners Handbook"

$63.50 Australia Dollars = £22.8871 GBP

( 1 AUD = 0.360428 GBP 1 GBP = 2.77448 AUD )

--- cut --- cut --- cut ---
More Information

This manual is a translation of the original factory Japanese owners handbook supplied with the vehicle when new and suitable for Japanese specification vehicles only. The manuals are produced by JPNZ International who translate the original Japanese handbook into English, then publish the information into an easy-to-read English handbook with full illustrations.

This manual covers Nissan Skyline and GT-R (including V Spec) R34 (RB20DE, RB25DET and RB26DETT) 1998 on.

Note: This is not a workshop manual.
--- cut --- cut --- cut ---

Anyone in the uk bothered to get it??? Its ony £25 quid-ish so perhaps I might just send away anyway if nobody tells me its rubbish or they have it in pdf, etc..

Trev

#11 ·
Trevor,

I got the English owner handbook from JPNZ, as JasonO said, it is only a basic owner manual. NOT a workshop manual.

There is a English workshop manual available for the R34 GTR. You can buy it from any Nissan dealer in New Zealand. If you are not in NZ, JPNZ would happily get it for you and mail it to you, I got mine thru JPNZ.

Talk to Michael at www.jpnz.co.nz. I have nothing to do with JPNZ, just a very satisfy customer.

Jeff

#13 ·
JPNZ also do a 550 page engine manual that cover a bit more than just the engine
http://books.motortraders.net/books/shop/show.asp?code=JPNZ87

This 550 page manual has been translated from the original factory Japanese engine manual. It is in easy to read English with full illustrations.

The manual has service and repair procedures for all engines fitted to the Nissan Skyline R32 series manufactured between 1989 and 1993 -- CA18i, RB20E, RB20DE, RB20DET, RB25DE and RB26DETT.

Sections Include:

Engine Specifications & Special Service Tools
Systems Inspection & Adjustment
Engine Removal & Installation
Engine Overhaul
ECCS (Electronically Concentrated Engine Control System)
Engine Electrical Equiptment
Cooling System
Fuel System
Exhaust System
Engine Control (Accelerator and ASCD)
Engine Mounting (Front and Rear)

Rick

#14 · (Edited)
I had planned on putting up an FAQ/Information database up for Skylines (R32-R34), and I do store a lot of information that I find on the net straight on my computer.

I must say, honestly, I was inspired by http://www.vfaq.com which is a Visual FAQ for DSMs (Diamond Star Motors) Mitsubishi Eclipses & Eagle Talons. Fantastic is the word that comes to mind....
I even bought the domain name (and space) SkylinePower.com (nothing there yet)

The plan was to link to all of the various resources available on the net (they are greatly scattered), however from experience I know that links go down fast and sometimes most unpredictably...

Also there comes copyright issues - can we scan Skyline related things and post them online - legally?

And last but not least - time - buliding a Mega Website is a major time consumer... and to properly write a 5-6 page FAQ... wow don't ask.. the last I did that I spent almost all the weekend making it..

The aim here is to Centralize it all... the info is out there, but waaaaaaaaaay to spread out and scattered.

Ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.